chapter one: glorified babysitters

note:this takes place 9 months after the epilogue of arm's length away :) bonky is a shield agent and is the same level as rory (bc who tf would make the winter soldier just a recruit?? not fury) also, as stated in book one, all words in bold are spoken in italian (this goes for the whole book)

"Ugh, I'm such a whore for garlic bread."

"Y'know what else you're a whore for?"

"Don't you dare fucking say it-"

"Bucky Barnes"

Aurora Amedeo-Barnes slammed her hand down on the desk and stood up with a glare.

"That is the 5th time this week that you've brought Bonky up while I'm trying work, Francis, and it's only fucking Wednesday! I swear to Thor, I am gonna rip your arms out of their sockets, beat you with them and then shove them so far up your ass that you can taste-"

"Agent Barnes!"

Two heads snapped towards Fury, one still with a glare and the other with a fond smirk.

"Which one?" Bucky asked, leaning back in his chair.

"The annoying one" Fury rolled his eye(s?).

Aurora blinked, "Yeah, which one?" Bucky flipped her off and she stuck her tongue out to him before turning back to one (unimpressed) Nick Fury.

"You!"

"Ah, right, gotcha. What you need, Nicky? I'm kinda in the middle of something, here" she gestured between her and Clint, who mouthed 'save me' across the room to Bucky (who would not, in fact, save him. Not from Rory, anyway).

"I want you to watch your fucking language in the workplace!" Fury yelled before sighing, "I wish Romanoff was here to keep you in line."

"Me too." Rory pouted. "But my ear is no longer sore from all the times she dragged me around, so I'm not complaining."

"Uh, excuse you, Amedeo-"

"Barnes." Bucky corrected with a glare but Clint ignored him.

"-but Nat dragged me way more than you! She always let you go when you complained but not me!"

"That's because she's cute." A very familiar spoke from the doorway.

"Nat! Holy shit, you look hot!" Rory grinned, throwing herself into her bestfriend's arms.

"Get off me."

"No, it's been too long."

"You saw me yesterday."

"No, I saw Anastasia yesterday. I completely ignored your existence, but now I'm not so hug me back woman!"

"Bucky, get your wife off me."

Bucky huffed but complied (out of pure fear of Nat?? possibly).

"Rory, let go."

"As if I'll ever let a man tell me what to do." Rory rolled her eyes and hugged Nat tighter.

"I'll tell Fury about that time last month when you were drunk and told me-"

"Okay, you win!" Rory pushed Nat away and ran back to her desk before the red-head could attack her.

"So, Romanoff, when's your maternity leave over?"

"Friday, but I'm not back in the field until next week." Nat informed Fury before turning to face Aurora and Bucky, who were pulling stupid faces at each other across the room. "Oh, guys, Steve and I need you to look after Anna for a couple hours later."

"Ew, why us?" Bucky pouted.

"Because you're her godparents?"

"Ugh, fine, but we can't promise that we'll return her unharmed."

"What the fuc-"

"What do godparents even do?"

"Uh, they take the baby in when the parents die, I think."

"That's stupid. Nat and Steve are still alive, unfortunately."

"Unfortunately?!"

"Yes? We're glorified babysitters until they die, Bonky, and I will not stand for it!"

"There's only one solution..."

"We kill them." "We babysit our goddaughter-  Wait what!" They both said at the same time.

"What? I said the the same thing you did. We're on the same brain wave, my love." Rory laughed nervously before flashing her husband a cute smile.

"Calling me 'my love' isn't going to make me forget you just suggested we kill our friends, Rora." He narrowed his eyes at her and she shrugged.

"Worth a shot."

They both leaned back on the couch and pressed play on the movie they were watching before Anastasia started crying loudly from their bedroom.

"Not it." Rory put her finger on her nose and Bucky pouted.

"I'm not doing it; she threw up on me last time!"

"Well, I guess neither of us are doing it. We'll just let our poor, poor goddaughter cry for hours and hours until she eventually falls back to sleep, wondering if we still love her." Rory spoke with a sarcastic tone that Bucky didn't detect.

"Rora, that's evil! We're not doing that!" He got up from the couch and sprinted into the other room while Rory unpaused the TV with a smirk.

"Works every time."

"I heard that!"

"And I can still hear the baby crying! Tell it to stop!"

"Will you stop calling her an 'it'!"

"I'll stop when it tells me to stop!"

'this is why steve and nat never let me babysit without bonky's supervision.' Rory mused.

a/n

oh my fucking god i'm back :))

so, clearly, i finally caved and wrote book two and honestly it's not as horrible as i expected??

ugh i completely forgot how to write characters so some are LITTLE bit different from book one (but i'll be re-reading it to figure shit out again) sooooo this'll be fixed soon yeet

also, i know it seems like rory low-key hates anastasia but she doesn't don't worry, she's just not a big fan of babies (or at least, that's what i decided two seconds ago but i'm the author so what i say goes)

vote and comment

thanks for reading-k♡