I Smell Trouble

I wake up, and the sun is shining outside. I get dressed in a normal jumpsuit. I know I wear jumpsuits every day, but one, it's comfortable. Two, it's one piece, so my shirt won't fly up, and my pants won't fall if I do tricks or something. Three, I can fight in it easily. I fold my blanket, and Tommy and Billy walk downstairs. 

"Good morning, Troublemakers!" I say cheerfully. The twins laugh at their nickname. "Good morning Hadley," says the twins in unison. They put their video game on, and I teleport outside Wanda's room. I listen at the door for a moment, and I don't hear anything, so I teleport inside. Wanda is still asleep. She moves her head, and she is facing the sunny window, which must be blinding. Her arm is lying on Vision's side of the bed. She turns her head again, and her eyes are open. Wanda sighs and pulls the covers over her head. "Good morning, Wanda!" I say. 

Then Tommy and Billy run into the room and "Mom, are you coming down soon?" asks Tommy. "Mom, our game is freaking out," says Billy. "Is she asleep?" asks Tommy. I am about to answer when Wanda says, "Mommy's not sleeping, honey. She's just resting her eyes." 

Wanda's voice is muffled from her comforter, which is still over her head. The last time Wanda didn't get out of bed was when the real Pietro died. I got out of bed for her and made her food, and watched sitcoms with her. But now, I don't know what to do. Wanda has kids now! I need to keep the kids safe and happy and keep Wanda safe and happy too! 

"Mom, my head feels weird. It's, like, really noisy. I don't like it," says Billy. Wanda pulls the comforter off of her head so we can see her face. Her eyes are closed, and she says softly, "Resting her eyes," "Billy, that happens to me all the time! Even right now. Here," I say, and I use my powers to tone it down in his head by a lot. I do that to myself all the time, so the noise of everyone's thoughts doesn't drive me crazy. "Thank you, Hadley," says Billy. "Anytime! Now let's leave Wanda to rest her eyes," I say. The boys nod and walk out of the room and downstairs.

I hear fighting a few minutes later, and I teleport downstairs, and I see the boys fighting over a single controller. "I got it first!" says Tommy. "You always get to it first!" says Billy. I use my Telekinesis to take the controller from them, and I use my Chaos Magic to make their game normal and stop switching controllers. Now they both have controllers and are happy. 

Then we turn and see Wanda walking downstairs with her hair messy, and she's wearing a robe and PJ's, and she walks to the kitchen. The twins look at each other confused, and Billy shrugs. I am getting Deja Vu from when Pietro died for sure. After a few minutes, Wanda walks in with a bowl of cereal. 

The boys are back to playing their video game, and Wanda asks, "Have you seen your dad?" "Um, no," says Tommy. "Do you wanna go look for him?" asks Billy. "Well, if he doesn't wanna be here, there's nothing I can do about it," says Wanda. Tommy, Billy, and I exchange looks, and Wanda turns off their game and switches the channel to the weather. "Hey, Mom, Hadley, last night, Uncle P said that thing about re-killing Dad?" says Billy. "Don't believe anything that man said. He is not your uncle," says Wanda. "Who is he?" asks Tommy. 

I look at Wanda, wondering how she is gonna get herself out of this one. She thinks for a moment, and then she says, "Here's the thing, boys." She puts her cereal down and claps her hands together, and thinks for a second, and then she says, "I'm your mom. And as such, you were counting on me to have all the answers, right?" The twins nod. 

"Well, I don't. I have... no answers. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Niente," says Wanda. As Wanda says that, the twins give her a weird look, and I facepalm myself. Wanda clearly needs help. She is falling apart. I need to take the twins and get out of there and give Wanda some space so she doesn't make any more stupid decisions. The only thing is, who is gonna take care of Wanda?