prolouge.

"LADY EIJI!"

A man covered in dirt rushed towards a woman lying on the ground, the earth beneath her drenched in a pool of blood.

"Lady Eiji, what happened?" He said as he collapsed onto his knees, examining the woman's wounds. She had little energy left, and couldn't heal her wounds, nor could the male, since he didn't know how to do the reverse cursed technique.

"I... killed him... I killed... the king... of curses... Nori." She said between breaths, pointing to the body sticking out in a pile of rubble.

"It was human?!" Nori said, dumbfounded. "But, I swore it was a curse."

"His name... was... Sukuna Ryomen..." she said, fighting to stay alive with every breath. "And I love him."

"Lady Eiji you mean the man you knew?! He tricked us! How could you ever love that.. that thing?!"

"I love him... with all... my heart..." She smiled weakly, then looked at Nori with determination in her eyes and grabbed his hand. "Promise me... you will never tell... anyone... I love him.... Promise me... you will forget I ever told you... I love him..."

"But Lady Eiji-"

"Promise me." Her voice held a harsh tone in which Nori had never heard from the kind woman.

Nori hesitated. How could he forget that the woman he worked under for years who loved people with all her heart could fall in love with a man that massacred cities full of people?

'That's right, she loves all people, no matter who they really are.'

"... yes... I promise..."

Eiji used the last of her energy to force Nori into a binding vow with her, and in an instant, she fell into a deep slumber she'd never wake up from.

✧・゚: *✧・゚: *

Hi loves, it's me, Author-Chan! I'm so super excited to be starting a new story from one of my favorite animes, Jujutsu Kaisen! Sukuna is one of my favorite characters from the series, but his backstory is kinda vague, and we don't really get an explanation of why Sukuna is the way that he is. So I made this story. Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy coldhearted!