Comely//51

Comely: Pleasant to look at; attractive.
———————————————

"Do you know what I've noticed Jack?"

(Y/N) was currently writing down the material she needed to learn. With the whole police fiasco she didn't bother studying as much, which was a mistake on her part – her finals were coming up.

Jack sat across of her, solving crosswords while she worked. Both did their own thing, not bothering each other. However, in the middle of it all, a question popped up in (Y/N)'s head, and she couldn't wait until they both finished their 'tasks'.

"What?" Jack replied, looking up at her. She gave him a look that she knew he wouldn't quite understand, considering that he kind of sucked with emotions and expressions.

"For someone who watches the TV so much, you never really picked up on simple things presented to you...You know, like sarcasm, jokes and all that. Why's that?"

"I didn't watch the TV as much before we met."

Her specific expression changed into a more neutral one, observing him as if he was a child of some sorts. He stared right back at her though, which she didn't mind this time.

"But you've been in and out of my apartment for like five months now, you must've learned at least something."

"A couple of things. Why would I bother when I have you?"

The tone of his voice made her shiver and chuckle at the same time. It sounded serious, low – kind of hot, but then again, so clueless. (Y/N) had her moments in which she'd stare at Jack, admiring him.

She noted that he had an attractive voice way back when they met for the first time, and again when they've walked through the forest in the middle of the night. His face and body structure just added to all of that.

He was oddly attractive overall. His facial structure didn't change at all – it was only his skin and teeth along with his missing eyes. She's been through this whole analysis of him at least five times, but she never got bored of it. She wondered how would he react if she said something he'd never get.

Hey Jack, I am totally whipped for you. – the thought made her laugh out loud, which resulted in Jack being even more confused.

"What? Did I say something wrong?" he asked her. She noticed that he truly was completely lost now, so she composed herself.

"No, no, you didn't." she paused for a while, fixating her eyes on him – "You're just so pretty."

(Y/N) was aware of the times she'd make him feel embarrassed, because he would usually get defensive in an odd way. This time though, she was surprised to see his expression change from the usual stoic one to one of shyness. He tensed a little bit, lowering and tilting his head to the side, making her smile at the sight.

"Hey, don't be shy."

Getting up from her chair, the girl walked over to Jack and lifted his head towards her.

"You're going to have to get used to those compliments sunshine, I really mean them and I want you to be aware of that."

He frowned at her slightly but soon after relaxed and sighed. Thinking to herself, it was truly a shame that he acted that way hearing compliments. (Y/N) didn't want to play a motivational speaker that purposely brought up someone's insecurities as a way to make them feel better. The ones that would go 'just because you don't have x doesn't mean that you aren't z' – it annoyed her.

"I'm serious Jack. You don't have to say anything back, hell you don't even have to respond. Just know that this is how it's going to be."

"Fine."

There was a long road in front of them, with many things to learn from each other. (Y/N) knew that she was going to try her best to teach him about everything she could. They were in it for a long run, at least that's what her gut feeling told her.

Smiling, she gave him a peck on the nose and returned to her chair, finally continuing her work. They both worked in silence, the only noise being the music from the radio in (Y/N)'s room. As hours passed, Jack ran out of crosswords to solve, so (Y/N) told him to entertain himself with some books she has.

She loved seeing him read the books she has, always questioning him about it later and indulging into conversations about the characters and the plots. He explained to her that he'd only read medical books because he was something like a doctor in his little group.

Jack never really opened up about his friends, or acquaintances as he referred them. She couldn't lie, curiosity was eating her alive when it came to the people he knew. The girl understood that he'd keep all that private for her own safety, but she still couldn't help and wonder.

Sighing, she closed her books and notebooks, moving them to the side neatly before she joined Jack on the couch.

"You're done?" he questioned, closing the book he picked and putting it on the table.

"For now. There's still some material to skim through and write down. After that, I need to start studying."

He hummed at her response as he picked up the remote from the coffee table.

"Make yourself some popcorn, let's watch a movie."

"You sound like a typical family father – I'm going to watch the TV; Oh darling, have you seen my glasses?; What did you put in this soup! I do not like it!" she mocked while getting up and walking towards the kitchen.

"How?"

"What do you mean how? The constant TV watching, you always make grimaces at the food I eat, the only thing missing is seeing you read the newspaper in the morning."

"I do read newspaper sometimes."

(Y/N) deadpanned at his response. Putting her hands over her face, she chuckled - not knowing if it's from Jack's cluelessness or if it was just funny.

Deciding to let it be for now, she returned to making her popcorn while Jack continued to stare at her confusingly.

Jack was already in a more comfortable position, leaving space for her to lay as she finished making the popcorn. Getting comfortable next to him and her bowl of popcorn, the girl averted her gaze to the TV screen, reading the title of the movie he chose.

"The Conjuring, really?"  (Y/N) could only groan at the choice - but she didn't mind it as much. If she gets scared, he will be the one getting kicked accidentally.

"Stop complaining."

He'll be the death of her.

————————————————
Hi everyone, I'm back with a new chapter! Have some fluff as a treat. I think I'll upload another chapter tomorrow because I'm going to be busy on Saturday. That's all, have a nice day/night and remember to take care of yourselves!