3 | the imprint

Valeria Cullen was glad to be returning to Forks, Washington — she hadn't even wanted to leave in the first place

Valeria Cullen was glad to be returning to Forks, Washington — she hadn't even wanted to leave in the first place. It was, after all, the first town she resided in as a newly turned vampire and a member of the Cullen family. Of course, she hadn't made close life-long friends, knowing it would hurt to see them grow old and die while she remained frozen in time, but there were people she had missed seeing each day.

So, when they moved back, Valeria was ecstatic because that meant she could see Jessica Stanley give her Valedictorian speech and go to Tyler Crowley and Mike Newton's last baseball game. She'd get to go to the Senior Prom — she had forgone the Junior Prom the year before due to lack of a date.

She was happy to be back at Forks High School to finish out her senior year for the first time — her sudden death had stopped her the first time around. She was also pleased that her siblings were a bit more social this time around, meaning they all ate lunch with Bella's human friends.

Valeria was sitting at a table with Edward, Bella, Angela, Jessica, Eric, and Mike. The young vampire was sitting next to Angela and helping her write addresses on graduation invitations. With the two of them working, they'd likely be done by the time they had to part for class, something Angela greatly appreciated.

Next to them, Mike had stolen Jessica's notepad and was helping her write her Valedictorian speech — or so he claimed.

"My fellow students," Mike began, earning a chuckle from the others. "Right?"

"Yeah," Eric encouraged him, which he probably shouldn't have done.

"Right," Mike said, grinning as he continued.

"Cute," Jessica said sarcastically as Mike pointed to her for her input.

"We are the future. Anything is possible if you just believe," Mike added, packing on the cliches.

"Nice," Valeria said, smirking at him before filling out another invitation.

"Don't encourage him, V," Jessica said, shaking her head.

"Blah, blah, blah. Perfect. And got yourself a speech," Mike said, scribbling all that nonsense down. Then he ripped the page from the notebook and handed it to an unimpressed Jessica.

"No, this will be my speech. When I want everyone to throw diplomas at my head. So—" She crumbled up the speech and threw it at Mike. "Thank you."

"Ya gotta embrace the cliches, Jess," he told her, leaning back and smiling proudly.

"They are the bread and butter of all valedictorians," Eric claimed.

Angela smirked at her boyfriend. "And that is why you are not valedictorian."

"And Jess doesn't need cliches," Bella spoke up. "The speech is gonna be epic."

"Epic?" she said, grinning. "It'll change lives."