67

Two days ain't never go by so fast in my life.

Even now as I stood in my mirror, lookin like the freshest nigga in New York, I felt like a damn mess.

My stomach was doing flips under my suit and my hands were moist from nervousness as I looked at my reflection.

Fresh cut.
Full beard.
White smile.
Sparkling chain.

"Damn I look good." I chuckle softly to myself as I hype myself up a bit. It felt weird getting dressed up without Jocelyn to kiss my neck and compliment me.. and distract me before I leave. This feeling was just a small reminder of why I needed her in my life.

And I'm going to have her.

I take the tiny box out my pocket once more time and pop it open, looking at the soft sparkle of the diamond under the light. She's gonna faint when she sees it. It was only a matter of hours at this point.

Tasha just left to the Nail Salon with Lyn, on time, and I have 2 and a half hours before it's time for our dinner.
I make my way back to the bedroom and quickly get everything together for Jocelyn's arrival.

I place a large red box on our bed and make sure to sprinkle rose petals all around it, "Needs more.." I mumble softly as I grab another bouquet and start shaking the petals on the floor as I make my way to the door. I smile triumphantly at my rose petal trail and sigh, "I'm a good ass husband." I could feel my heart jump at the thought before I turn off the lights and head out the door, getting the rest of the night together.
____________

JOCELYN POV:

"I can barely remember the last time I had my nails done!" I gush as I watch the nail lady start putting on my acrylics. Tasha sat next to me, a big smile on her face as she nodded her head, "Girl me too! Work keep us so busy." She shakes her head annoyed as she starts talking on about how the schedule changes were so out of pocket and how her hours almost doubled.

I laughed along as I enjoyed her company. She could talk about the end of the world and still somehow find a way to make it absolutely hilarious. She even had the nail techs giggling as she went off about our boss, "I'm not a judge mental person but if your gonna complain about my hair havin a swoop, then you need to have hair yourself." She snapped and I gasped softly, "He cant control going bald." I had to bite my lip to hide my giggle as she sent me a side eye, "Yeah but he can control that mouth.. Okay then." She sent me a pointed lip as we all burst out in giggles.

"I'm happy we got to hang out today and be pampered." I change the topic before she violates that poor man even more. Her lips lift to a smile, "Me too. I can't remember the last time me and you actually went out to do something like this.." She sighs softly and I refuse to let my thoughts creep back into a dark space.

I felt my eyes water as I scrunched my nose, "W-We can do this more, right? And bring the rest of the gang along?" Tasha nodded her head as she looked up from her nails, "Girl of cour- Hold up. Don't u dare let a single tear fall. Your cry baby ass is not gonna do this today." She snaps and I giggle as I close my eyes, trying to force the happy tears back, "I'm not a cry baby!" I snap back and she hums, "Mhm.. And I'm skinny with a yacht." Her tone dripped sarcasm and I held back my laugh as the nail tech burst into giggles.

"You gotta get some kind of color.. like white or a pastel pink." She looks at my long acrylics and I nod my head, "I was thinking white French tips.. with some jewels." My eyes greedily scanned the jewel container as the nail tech got up to grab the nail polish.

"French tips, yes. Jewels, no." Tasha shook her head quickly, her ponytail swishing dramatically, "I think a sparkle would look waaay better. Plus if one falls off, your gonna be sick." I nod my head in agreement, "I guess.. We are trying on clothes later." I watch as the nail tech comes back with a smile as she shakes the bottles, "Yes! A French tip perfect for your pho-" Tasha coughs loudly and the nail tech quickly shuts up, "Sorry. But yes, We gotta take pics for when we are done our nails!" She gushes and I nod my head excitedly with her, "I'm gonna send it to Dion! He is paying after all." I wiggle my brows and she smiles, "Girl if that's the case, lemme get a design." I laugh as the nail tech nods her head in agreement.