5 | Dreams and Reality

"Nice to see you again, bunny

"Nice to see you again, bunny."

During the five years you've avoided Gojo, you had plenty of time to imagine what a re-encounter with your ex would be like.

The various scenarios have played in your head, scenes laid out frame by frame.

You really don't want to think about the last time you've seen Gojo in person, your then-boyfriend intoxicated while sleeping with another woman.

To prepare for a potential confrontation, you imagined Gojo wrapping his arms around you, choking up an apology as he seeks to atone for his mistake.

You then toyed with the idea of pushing him away, sobbing a concoction of built-up anger and pain from the past few years.

There is no way you would truly want to admit this, but you sadly also cling onto a small sliver of hope.

The hope that Gojo could recognize his faults. The hope that he could explain why he loved you only to hurt you.

The hope that he could bring peace to the one question that burned in your heart:

"Mommy, who is my Daddy?"

While you are outraged by the man who two-timed on you, you want Haru to meet his father as much your son does, too.

But when you notice the rosiness on his drunk face and the reckless glint that gleams in the man's icy blue eyes, you are slapped hard by reality.

Clearly, you have forgotten just how frivolous and irreverent the now twenty-eight-year-old was.

Five years later, and your ex-boyfriend has not changed at all. He is just as how you had left him.

There's no "Sorry that I'd cheated on you" or even an "Are you okay?" after you have ran off stage.

There's only a carnal gaze that languidly trails from your glossy lips to your barely covered chest, from the curve of your hips to the side of your thighs.

Come to think of it, Gojo Satoru probably doesn't even remember who you are.

You were probably another forgettable fling that faded in his memories over time.