e i g h t

The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground

The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground. The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky.

Delilah and Maxwell stood in front of the mansion, their hearts filled with hatred and bitterness. Their hearts were begging them to not do this, but their minds began to differ. 

It will be alright, they both chanted to their hearts to calm down the strange sensation of anxiety and suffering they were experiencing.

As they felt the drops rain steadily and softly from a sky of black velvet that was as dark and dull as a well, their thoughts were widely intruded.

"Delilah what the fuck are you doing, come inside" he screamed looking at her who is still in her dreamland.

"uh yeah," she meekly mumbled and went inside the mansion without glancing at him even once.

The mansion is beautiful. It boasts floor-to-ceiling windows, which are hung with dramatic light brown silk curtains. The floors are dark hardwood with Turkish rugs adorning them flawlessly, and the walls are an off-white taupe.

In the living room, the large coffee brown sofa compliments the two matching leather club chairs that are angled next to a huge fireplace which was not lit yet due to the hot summer weather.

I see her going upstairs probably thinking she is going to "her" room. Oh god, this will be so fun.

"What the fuck?" I hear her screaming. I laugh internally seeing her face when she runs down the stairs and comes and stands in front of me.

"Why the fuck is there only one room, Maxwell?" she says quietly still fuming in anger. I just don't say anything because if I open my mouth I will end up laughing.

"Stop ignoring me you bitch tell me why is there only one room?" she pulls me closer by my shirt collar, our breathes mingling and our noses almost touching. I could see her acne and dark circles underneath the simple makeup, that's how close we were.

I push her away slightly making sure she doesn't fall because yeah I want her to die, but not like this. "We are married Delilah and according to your father, married couples stay in the same room and sleep on one bed," I say slightly smirking seeing her confused yet angry face.