Chapter 52

I woke up the next day to me sleeping next to Sean on the couch.

I rubbed my eyes and lazily got up, heading for the shower and changing into my school clothes. I ran downstairs and made breakfast, waking up my sleepy brother in the process. I quickly snapped a few pictures of him, barely awake and sent them to Corey, hopefully giving him a heart attack first thing in the morning.

"Come on let's eat" I said, dragging Sean off the couch.

"Damn that couch is comfortable" he mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah, the perks of being rich and buying an expensive couch" I replied in a slightly sarcastic tone.

He flicked my forehead and walked to the kitchen, sitting on a chair and eating the breakfast I made, his eyes rolling back with each bite.

"Who allowed you to be this perfect of a cook?" He asked, his mouth full of food.

"I don't know, ask the camera" I said, showing him I've been filming the whole thing.

His eyes widened and he quickly ate the rest of his breakfast, running after me and yelling at me to delete the video.

"Corey is soo gonna see this" I teased, still running for my life.

"No! Anything but that!" Sean yelled.

"What? Afraid of  being embarrassed in front of your little boyfriend" I teased again.

Sean jumped and tackled me to the ground, making me hit the send button in the process.

"Your fault not mine" I said, shrugging and getting up.

Sean sat there, motionless as he stared at his hands, recreating a dramatic scene we saw last night in the movie.

"You're such a dork" I said, ruffling his hair.

He just pushed my hand off and got up, flicking my forehead.

I picked up my car keys and my bag and quickly walked to my car, ready to drive to school.

Five minutes later, I was at the entrance when someone slightly grabbed my shoulder.

Without thinking, I punched whoever touched me out of reflex and turned around to see Matthew crouched to the ground, holding his nose.

"Oh my god I am so sorry I didn't mean to I thought someone was trying to attack I didn't do it on purpose" I rushed out, crouching down to his level.

Lies, I'm glad I punched that guy he messed up my boyfriend's face.

"Ha! It's okay, I shouldn't have sneaked up on you" he said, getting up and making way for me to enter the school.

What a gentleman! I would've appreciated the gesture if he wasn't a psychopath who hurt everyone close to me.

I smiled at him, masking my thoughts perfectly that he suspected nothing. He can't go against a master manipulator no matter how good he is, I admit, it's a pain in the butt but who doesn't like a challenge? At least I like one...

I quickly went to my locker and took out some of my books, Matthew following me like a lost puppy.

Cute! Not.

It was so hard to hide my disgust towards him, his smile made me want to throw up and I have to fight the urge not to gag every time he smirks or tries to act flirty.

Best way to deal with this situation? Act clueless.

And that's exactly what I did for the rest of the day, and the next one, and the next until 2 weeks passed of me pretending to be Matthew's friend.