| 04 | orage

All eyes are on me as I step into the spotlight

Countless reporters are gathered in the press room with the video cameras and mic booms pointed in my direction.

After the spokesperson finishes his introductory speech, he gestures to me, "Without further ado, the founder and CEO of Varos will now answer your questions. Time is of the essence so unrelated questions will be disregarded."

Once I stand behind the lectern, all the reporters rapidly raise their hands to address the elephant in the room.

Continuous jabbers dominate the background sound.

"Good evening," I greet on the microphone before acknowledging a random reporter among the throng, "I'll start with you."

The male reporter wastes no time to address his point, "Miss Kashmir, I had a question regarding Varos' previous endorsement deal with Theo DeVito. Does the company intend to recruit another brand endorser after the news of Theo's involvement in the dark web?"

"Varos is committed to Theo DeVito seen as he's the face of the company," I assert in determination, "regardless of his past, we don't intend to part ways with him anytime soon. We have every intention to renew his endorsement contract and it's now up to him and his team to officialize the agreement."

The reporters don't seem satisfied with my answer as many ask their endless questions simultaneously.

"One question at a time please," the spokesperson warns causing some of the chatters to minimize.

Upon nodding at another reporter, she comments, "I find that hard to believe considering DeVito's previous endorsement contract expired months ago and the company made no official public statement to extend his partnership.

"Also, there have been recent speculations of Varos offering an endorsement deal to the well-known tennis athlete Dallia Park to replace Theo DeVito's brand endorser. Can you please comment on these allegations?"

My face is stoic, "Oftentimes CEOs and board of directors can have disagreements and my disagreement with the board is a prime example of that.

"As speculated, it was initially in the majority of the board's plan to recruit Dallia Park as the company's new brand endorser but I was determined to extend Varos' partnership with Theo. However, the board and I have recently come to a mutual agreement to continue working with Theo DeVito."

"Does this perhaps have anything to do with Theo's recent championship win at the UEFA?" the female reporter challenges boldly.

Silence reigns.

I choose my next words wisely.

"It partly does," I assert, "but his achievement was a reaffirmation of the notable athlete Theo DeVito is. And on behalf of the board, we were wrong to seek a replacement when he's irreplaceable."