The Pool Party

I looked over at Dex as we stared up at Adam's house. Loud Voices could already be heard around the back, signaling that everyone was outside at the pool.

 "I still can't believe you convinced me to come," I said, staring dreadfully back up at the house. I really didn't mind being here. I loved seeing Adam, but the thought of getting caught by my manager and parents made me cringe. 

"Don't be a downer! You needed to get away from the psychos that you call mom and dad!" 

I rolled my eyes with a light laugh. Dex always somehow found a way to lighten the mood, no matter how dark it may be.

"Come on! Let's go around back and see if we can find Adam!" Dex announced happily and began pulling me by the arm. 

I gave in and just allowed him to drag me all the way to the backyard. As soon as we stepped through the gate that divided the front from the back, the voices from the blasting speakers sitting next to the projection screen hit us. People were filling the pool, watching the UFC fight that had already started on the jumbo screen.

The people who weren't watching the fight littered the area around the pool, chatting and laughing with one another. A snack and drink table had been set up next to the walkway that leads up to the pool, and those who weren't talking around the pool were sure standing next to that table mingling there.

A hand clamped down on my wrist, and I looked back over to see Dex waving to someone in the distance. Right, when I was about to ask him who he was waving at, he started yanking me through the crowd with him. 

"Dex! Chill out! Where are we going?" I yelled at him. He didn't answer but instead pulled me in front of the person he was waving to. A smile cracked across my face as I stared at the person in front of me.

"You guys finally made it!" Adam called out, pulling Dex into a bro hug before doing the same to me. 

"I told you we wouldn't miss it!" Dex answered, throwing his arm around my shoulder. 

"I'm glad you kept your word! But I'm also impressed that you managed to bring him along!"

 I sent a small, playful glare Adam's way. They both know how my parents and manager are, plus I'm always busy working on a new project or something along those lines.

"I told you I'd find a way!" Adam laughed and shook his head, "Well, either way, I'm happy you guys came. And as much as I would love to stand here and talk, I've got more people to greet. So, grab a drink and make yourselves at home!"

 "We always do!" Dex said cheerfully.

Adam let out one more laugh and patted both of our shoulders as he began to walk off. Before he got too far, he called back to me, "We'll catch up later, alright?" 

"Sounds like a plan!" I yelled back and watched as he gave a thumbs up and disappeared into the crowd.

After Adam left, Dex turned to me with a cheeky smile on his face.

 "What are you up to?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and taking a few steps away from him.

 Dex was one of those people who loved to play pranks and cause chaos. I, frankly, hate being a part of that, but Dex will be Dex. Once he's got something in mind he's not going to stop.

"Let's go find you a girl!" he said, smiling wickedly now. 

"Is that the only reason you wanted me to come?!" I asked shocked, and slightly angry. Did I mention that Dex is also a gigantic flirt? Because he is! I swear this better not be the real reason he wanted me to come.