November 1 North East Florida Fair

The Homecoming game was a turning point for Daphne and Chris. He was open and honest about what she saw; she never even asked her brothers if what he said was true. She chose to take him at his word.
Chris had promised to help her change her views on herself within relationships. To see her worth. 

   Chris's sister was receiving an award from her office and asked him to come up for it. Unfortunately because of the amount of time Daphne had taken off at the start of the year, and with it being during fall celebrations at school, she couldn't accompany him. He was able to take a couple days off work but would be gone from Oct 30 until late November 1.

  The awards ceremony was being held at a hotel on the night of October 31.  There was a delicious meal before and there would be dancing immediately following. "I wish Daphne had been able to join you, but I am glad that you were able to come," his sister Carey said as they enjoyed dinner. "Everything you've told me about her sounds wonderful. And let's face it, I've never seen you this happy."
  "I realize that it's still early, but I'm crazy about her. Her heart is pure gold. And that smile and laugh, they just tug at my heart. I wish I could explain it better," he says with a shrug while taking a  drink from his water glass.
  His sister looked at him thoughtfully. She smirked. "You love her."  It wasn't a question. It was a statement. A statement he wasn't sure what to do with exactly.
  The ceremony started. Chris was thrilled for his sister. She worked incredibly hard for a nonprofit organization. He was glad to see that she was valued and they took note of her work.

~~~

Daphne- I hope everything went well tonight. I just took Dodger out and we've decided to curl up with a book for a bit.

Chris- it was great! I'm really proud of Carey, she deserves it.

Daphne- im glad you were able to be there, but I miss you.

Chris- I miss you too, but I'll be home tomorrow night. Which reminds me...wanna go on a date?

Daphne- I should check with my boyfriend first... hey dodge, do we have plans tomorrow night?

Chris- very funny. So, it's a date?

Daphne- definitely 😘 good night handsome.

Chris- good night beautiful.

  Looking at the time Daphne decides to head to bed. "Come on bubs. Get your lion, it's bedtime."  Dodger grabs his lion by the tail and drags it to Daphne's room.
  She goes through her nightly routine, coming out of the shower to a sleeping Dodger at the foot of her bed. 'Maybe one day that will be your spot every night,' she thought. Plugging in her phone to charge she double checks her alarms.  Seeing that everything is set she sinks into her bed pulling the covers over her shoulder and drifts off to sleep.

~~~

  Daphne is jolted awake by the obnoxious beeping of the alarm. She hits snooze longing for those next nine minutes. Eventually though the nine minutes turned into thirty before she realized it. Scrambling out of bed she runs into the bathroom and modifies her morning routine, thankful for dry shampoo.  Coming out with her make up done and hair pulled in a ponytail she sees Dodger looking at her like she's lost the few marbles she had left. Still in her robe she rushes him out into the backyard and quickly puts his food and water down for him in the kitchen.  Jogging back to her room she's glad it's Friday, which means jeans and a spirit wear t-shirt. It's those little things in a teachers life that brings joy. Who knew one of them were jeans? Rushing back to let Dodger in she hurries to make her coffee and breakfast realizing she'll have to eat it on the way. Tossing her laptop and papers back into her bag she grabs her keys and opens her front door.