Sixty-Two

"Alright, we want a clean match, no unforgivable curses of any sorts and no physical contact, only spells." Professor Flitwick reminded, Professor Slughorn was also there as the head of Slytherin and Professor Dumbledore.

Remember, no using legilimency on the opponent.

Aries rolled her eyes at Dumbledores voice in her head but held her wand up to announce she was ready to start.

Her opponent was a Ravenclaw boy, which was why Flitwick was there. He too held up his wand to his starting position.

She noted he was left handed, meaning if she used a jinx against his left foot, which he was leaning on, he'd fall and it would be that easy to win.

Aries didn't like easy.

"You may begin." Flitwick announced.

The boy shot the first jinx, in which she shielded effortlessly. He shot one after the next, she kept up her shield, smirking in amusement as he tried harder to hit her with something.

"Colovario" Aries whispered, pointing to the boys hair before quickly shielding his next jinx.

The boys hair turned from blonde to moss green in seconds. A few students giggled, along with Aries herself.

With the leverage of his confusion and short off guard moment, she took it as an advantage to jinx him.

"Confundo, flipendo." She murmured quietly to herself.

He dodged the first jinx but was caught off guard when the second one hit. He flew back, doing a short backflip before landing roughly on his front side.

He quickly got back up and shot a spell at Aries, which she blocked quickly, slightly impressed at how fast he got back up.

Before she could mutter the counter curse fast enough, the Ravenclaw boy shot a leg locking curse at her, sending her onto the ground, her wand being dropped and rolling a couple inches away.

She looked at him dead in the eye, ignoring the sounds of the many protests for cheating the rules.

Silencio

He had his wand out, pointed straight at her, but when he went to say the words, he couldn't.

Accio wands

His wand suddenly flew out of his hand and into hers, along with her own. Aries legs unlocked, though she still sat, her eyes widened as Flitwick announced the winner.

"Aries Black, remains number one in the dueling club." Flitwick finished.

"Can I have my wand back now?" The Ravenclaw barked. She sighed and looked up at him, she handed him the wand and he helped her get back up.

"You got lucky this time, Black." He muttered to her before walking back to his group of friends.

"Mere, you did wandless magic! Where did that come from?" Remus asked as she shook her head.

"I've been learning wandless magic for a couple months now, never done it that well before." She admitted.

"Miss Black, do you mind if you and I had a little chat?" Dumbledore asked, a small grin on his face as he asked.

"I'll meet you in your office." She nodded to him.

Dumbledore walked off just in time before Remus pressed his lips to hers. His excitement, flooding into hers as she kissed him back.

His arms going around her waist as he deepened the kiss, not caring that a bunch of professors and students were watching.

Aries pulled back slightly, letting him know to wrap it up. "I have a professor to see, but after..." she keyed for him.

"After, I'll be waiting by the Gryffindor common room." Remus told her. They both knew there would be a party for the Quidditch win tonight, though they both had other ideas of where to be.

_____________

"You wanted to see me, Professor?" Aries asked as she walked into his office.

Dumbledore looked up from his paperwork with sparkling eyes, "ah yes, Miss Black-"

"No need for Miss Black, just Meredith. It reminds me of my mother when you call me that." She shivered slightly mocking her discomfort.

"Well, I have been keeping an eye on you for a while now. You're quite the curious one, but also very good with words and could be be very helpful in future events." He told her, the glint in his eyes started losing its glow.

"I am quite surprised how fast you've been picking up all of your lessons and have already started wandless magic. Though I must ask you, with the circumstances-"

Aries let out a scoff and rolled her eyes, "Let me guess, I'm a Slytherin and likes to actually learn things at school, that means I'm the most applicable for becoming a death eater." Aries let out a bitter sniff.

"Miss Black, I believe you're a good person, and I believe that you can do good in the future. But it is a suspicion, it's not your fault that we have to be on our toes about this kind of thing. You're a young and talented witch, very intelligent for your age. I don't wish for your learnings to stop or slow in progress, I only ask because of Voldemort." Dumbledore explained.

Aries spine tingled at his name, she wasn't afraid of the name or who it belong to, she was more afraid of how similar they were.

"Professor?" Aries asked, he nodded in acknowledgment. "Did I pass your test? For Occlumency?" She asked, she could feel him trying to get into her head, to no avail could he enter her mind.

"No, not yet. Though your legilimency has improved." Dumbledore nodded, feeling Aries try to look into his mind. "Thank you for meeting me, I'm sure Mr. Lupin is excited to see you." He told her with a knowing expression.

"I should be going then." Aries wiggled her brows, making the old man chuckle. She left his office with a few things on her mind, other than the fact that he had finally stopped trying to invade her brain.

She was too busy thinking about the duel to see a boy come right up to her, shoving her into a wall.

The impact made the air get knocked out of her lungs. She looked up at the boy holding her to the wall by her throat and saw the Ravenclaw boy along with a couple of his other friends.

"Not so proud now, Black. I told you, you got lucky during the duel and now you're gonna pay for making me look like an-"

"Oaf? Idiot? Should I go on?" He tightened his grip around her throat.

"Enough! You're not gonna walk away clean after this." He threatened.

"You can't do anything to me anyway, why bother?" Aries asked.

"Oh really? And why not? I mean, I don't have to get bloody with you for now, right? You're rather pretty, could have some fun first." He chuckled lowly as his hand started to go for her shirt, Aries eyes widened, a flash a fear starting up over her already fast pacing heart.

"MR. ANDERSON!" Professor McGonagall yelled as she paced quickly towards the group.

The Ravenclaw boy immediately letting go of Aries and stepping back with widened eyes.

"WHAT IS GOING ON!" She practically yelled as Aries quickly stepped away from the wall and the group.

"I-, I was just, helping her with her tie." The Ravenclaw boy lied.

"Really? The whole lot of you, I think your time today should be spent with Professor Dumbledore and in detention for a month, how about we try fifty points from Ravenclaw as well." McGonagall said shooing off the group of boys towards the Griffin statue down the corridor before coming back to Aries.

"Are you alright, dear?" McGonagall asked placing a hand on Aries shoulder.

"I'm fine, I knew a professor would be around the corner, I was just lucky." Aries shrugged.

"Why don't you take a trip to Madame Pomfrey I'm sure she could-"

"No, that's alright, I'm ok. Thank you anyway." She cut off McGonagall and began her walk towards the Gryffindor common room.

Like Remus had said he would, he was standing right beside the common room door, looking rather excited. Though his expression fell when he looked at her neck.