Noritoshi Kamo . 🌸 "Braids"

"Ah, Y/n, it hurts when you do that." The gentle voice of your friend murmured as you folded strands of his dark hair over each other.

You already could barely focus, you had woken your classmate up after not being able to sleep for the first half of the night. You and Noritoshi lived side by side, a predicament that caused the stoic boy to slowly develop a friendship with you.

You were not sure if he ever wanted friends when you first met him. However, after enough time, both of you had explained your past and what you wished for in your future. It turned out that the two stories weren't far off.

It had occurred multiple times by now that you both found safety in being around the other, wasting away your sadness by hanging out with the other. At this point you weren't even sure if it was exactly "romantic", you just knew one thing. You knew that he brought a presence of safety and care that no one else had ever brought you in your life before.

You already knew that he was too reserved to admit the fact that he felt safe in your company, but the idea that he didn't have to say it out loud only made it feel that much more comforting.

"Oh come on Toshi, you're just a little bothered because you aren't used to getting your hair done." You tried to reason, a faint smile on your face. Your eyes were hooded, their irises pouring with exhaustion, yet you had been the one to knock on his door and wake him up, saying that you had a nightmare.

He sat up, rubbing his tired eyes with a nod as you walked inside, sitting on the end of the bed that he made room for you on. You had decided that your now current activity was the best idea as you tried to rest your head, doing your best to forget the feeling of fear that had drenched you in your nightmare.

So you sat, three strands of his silky dark hair resting between your fingers as you carefully braided them into a pattern. His hair was soft and smooth, probably a result from the bath that he had after dinnertime. It was easily what you could admit was one of the best hair types to deal with, easily fluttering around your fingers with no knots and only leaving the soft drift of fresh scent behind.

"I'm sorry I woke you up again tonight," You mentioned quietly. Kamo's eyes were still closed, but if you could his face you would be able to notice his brows furrowing. He could sense the apologetic tone that weighed heavily in your tired voice; You actually felt sorry for seeking comfort. He tried not to make a big deal out of it, letting out a sigh before replying.

"You know it's never an issue, Y/n."

You frowned, finishing a tie at the end of the braid you had just finished. He turned around, pulling the patterned hair forward so he could open his eyes and admire the gentle work that you blessed him with. After glancing at it, he let it fall back down and looked over to you. You still looked upset, you had been having nightmares a lot recently so the relationship felt one sided when you would always be the one to come over and disturb his sleep.

He leaned over, putting a hand on yours. It caused your gaze to follow, eyeing all the way back up to his calm face. "I love the braid, it looks adorable."

"That's because it's on you." You retorted with a pitiful chuckle, but glanced away. Noritoshi smiled despite your mood, glad that he could get you to flash a smile.

The room filled with a content silence after that as you sat back into the string of dim moonlight that was making its way through the boy's window. Despite being right next door, he had a much nicer view than you did- your view had a tree blocking most of your view, and the braches would shadow against the moonlight late at night and look like the twisted arms of a cursed spirit against your wall.

But Noritoshi could see far out, able to view the entirety of the dark sky and the stars that were sprinkled upon it. The glistening balls of gas seemed to comfortably watch over the forest below, just in the same way that Kamo did for you. It made you stare off and let your mind wonder, nearly unblinking as Noritoshi shifted into a more comfortable position on the bed.

"Would you be more comfortable if I was here to keep the nightmares away?" He asked suddenly, causing you to look over at his direction quickly with a rising blush on your face. Sure, you were there for each other during nightmares, but was he suggesting- "You don't have you if you don't want to." He smiled at his own statement. "I just wanted to offer the option. Stay as long as you would like."

For a moment it was quiet, before you leaned over with the heat from your face feeling like it was going to give you a headache. "Wait, Toshi, I want to."

Momentarily surprised, he smirked and nodded before moving under the covers, shifting over to give enough room for your tired and cool body. It's not like you were overthinking the situation, right? He was just here to keep the bad dreams away.

And so when you laid you head down on the crook of his axillary, a perfect pillow formed between his upper chest and shoulder, you tried to remember how it was nothing more. God, you wished it was.

And you doubted that he wanted the same. But something about the way that his arm wrapped around your side to rest on your head and rub your head as you drifted to sleep, how gentle and caring his touch was, made you think otherwise about his beliefs.