23.

Lucifer Morningstar hasn't been home in the last couple of weeks. He has been avoiding Asura, ever since his dad told him what would happen to her he hasn't been near her since. She's being kept in the dark and Lucifer was slowly losing his mind over it. He's been staying over at Chloe's and ignoring her calls and texts. He was currently in the guest bedroom declining yet another call from Asura.

"Knock, knock," Detective says entering in the room.

"Hello Detective,"

"Do you want to tell me why your Avoiding your pregnant wife? I think it's long enough Lucifer,"

"Well since you know about us celestial beings I guess I'll tell you," Lucifer began sitting up. "My dear old dad finally wanted me to come see him but it was about Asura, and what he told me about her broke me into pieces. Even though I should be there, I'm avoiding it because I know how much it's going to hurt me in the long run,"

"Well what's wrong?"

"Our baby girl. The strongest half angel half demon baby alive, will be the end to my beautiful Asura,"

Chloe's eyes widened.

"You mean she'll die during childbirth?"

"Indeed. My dad doesn't think it's fair I get both my wife and a baby so it's one or the other. He wants to see me fall,"

"Lucifer why would he-"

"I don't bloody know Detective, if just proves how much dad hates me,"

"When do you plan on telling her?"

"I don't..... I'm staying here until the baby is here. I can't watch her die,"

"Lucifer your being unreasonable. She's your wife! You need to spend as much time as possible with her because once their gone, your going to feel guilty for not ever going to see her again,"

"But-"

"No buts besides you have to bring her in today anyways. We found the shooter,"

"Well about bloody time! It's been three weeks detective,"

"He's been on the run. So make up with your wife, spend time with her while she's here and bring her in as well,"

"I want to see him before she does. I'm coming with you detective,"

Asura Morningstar was sick. She hasn't seen or heard from Lucifer in the past three weeks and don't know where he disappeared to. She has fallen ill and it doesn't help whenever the baby would kick it would make it even more worse. Mazikeen has been by her side helping her in trying to get better. She too has been trying to get in touch with Lucifer, but to no avail.

"Maze," she says in a raspy voice as Mazikeen held onto her hand.

Asura was burning up and sweat was beating down her forehead.

"Yes Asura?"

"The baby..... the baby," Asura says as Mazikeen placed her hands on her stomach.

Asura hasn't felt her kick in awhile and was getting worried.

"She's okay. I can still hear her heart beat. WHERE THE HELL IS LUCIFER?!" Maze shouted getting upset.

"I swear when I find him I'll kill him. How can he just leave you like this?" She asked going to call him once more.

Lucifer Morningstar shut the door to the investigation room as he felt his phone ringing in his pocket. The shooter who shot his wife started to laugh.

"Aren't you going to get that?" He asked as Lucifer saw that Mazikeen was calling and quickly declined the call.

"You and I need to have a little chat," Lucifer says slamming his hands down on the table.

"About that hot wife i shot? How is she by the way? Did she die like I hoped?"

"If another word comes out of your mouth about her I will personally slice you in half! Why did you do it?"

"Isn't that easy Lucifer? It was to make you suffer. And it seems like it's working to me,"

"What have I ever done to you? Who are you?"

"I'm Adam, Lucifer you can't say you don't remember me? I've made a deal with you and my life has forever been turned upside down because of you. So when I saw you with that wife of yours I took my chance and," he says making a gun with his finger and thumb while pointing it at Lucifer. "Pow, she's dead. At least I hope she is, you look like you haven't slept in weeks,"

"Im dealing with something right now. But I assure you my wife is not dead. Now then what are we going to do with you?"

"Lucifer!" Chloe shouts busting open the door.

"What is it Detective I'm fixing to put him in hell!"

"Lucifer, it's Asura," she begins as Lucifer's eyes went wide.