CHAPTER 0

The daughter of Count Storm, Camilla Storm, is a villain.

The Second Prince of the Kingdom of Sonnenlicht, Julian, shared a love that transcended social status with a daughter of a baron named Liselotte Ende. A fairytale romance that lit the passions of the kingdom, still fresh in the minds of many.

The country had nothing but goodwill for the couple that overcame many hardships. Even now, a day doesn't go by where their love story isn't the topic on everybody's lips.

And the person who played an all too important role in this story was Camilla Storm.

Camilla, who too loved Prince Julian, did everything she could to interfere with the budding couple, causing them no end of trouble. She harboured a fit of deep jealousy for Liselotte, the Prince's lover, tormenting and harassing her mercilessly.

Her wicked deeds are too numerous to quote.

Camilla spread a vicious rumour about Liselotte through high society.

"Liselotte only pursues Prince Julian to snatch royal power for herself. She is a harlot as well, slipping into bed with a new man every night."

She spread these lies as if they were gospel.

Camilla sought to entrap Liselotte using her power and isolating her in aristocratic circles.

She even went so far as to hire thugs to waylay and attack Liselotte. Fortunately, Prince Julian had managed to intervene just in time to save her, but Liselotte feinted from shock and didn't awaken for several days.

Using the power of her family, Camilla attempted to force an engagement between herself and Prince Julian. Due to Liselotte's scandalous activities, she wasn't fit for the royal family. Presenting herself to be a just an innocent person, she managed to win over not just the majority of nobles and the First Prince Eckhart, but also the King himself. Her engagement to the Prince seemed set in stone.

But, despite all that, Prince Julian and Liselotte stayed true to one another.

At the very moment that Prince Julian and Camilla's engagement was to be made official, Prince Julian revealed all of Camilla's crimes for everyone to hear.

The horrifying rumors Camilla had started about Liselotte, were in fact only true about Camilla herself.

Despite pretending to be the picture of innocence, she was, in fact, a wretched and vile woman.

In her quest to torment Liselotte to no end, she had hired ruffians to assault her, an unforgivable and inhuman atrocity.

His Majesty, the King, finally saw Camilla for what she truly was, annulling her engagement to Prince Julian. Instead, he accepted Liselotte as Prince Julian's true fiancée.

On the other hand, Camilla earned only the fury of the royal family for having tormented the innocent Liselotte to such extremes. After even her father, Count Storm, abandoned Camilla, she was sentenced to be banished from the country with naught but the clothes on her back.

However, Liselotte had a gentle heart and bore no grudge towards Camilla.

"We are two people who share the same love, I can truly understand Camilla's feelings."

Impressed by Liselotte's magnanimous act, Prince Julian pardoned Camilla from exile.

Instead, for her many crimes, the Prince imposed a new punishment on Camilla.

She will marry whomever the Prince chose for her and she was never again to appear before the two of them.

The fiancée the Prince chose for Camilla was Duke Alois Montchat.