#11 Butterfly Knife

~ Sorry Not Sorry - Bryson Tiller ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

"So, who's going to the party tonight?" Camryn asks as she takes a seat down next to me.

"Only Ollie goes to parties," Evelyn mutters under her breath. So far, it doesn't seem like she likes Camryn that much.

Camryn turns facing me. "What? Nooo, come on you gotta go to this one," she pleads.

"I don't know Cam. Parties aren't really my thing," I admit. I've been to one high school party in my whole life. I lost my first kiss and virginity to a complete asshole. A night of regret is what it really was.

Camryn sighs. "Well I can make it your thing. Since, I'll be there." She gestures her hands down her body with a grin. I laugh, shaking my head. She reaches her hand out tapping my shoulder. "Oh come on Harley. Don't be an old hag, I promise you we can leave the second it gets boring."

I think about it for a second. Maybe it won't be so bad with Camryn. "Okay," I agree. She cheers before eating her salad. "What about you Evelyn. Are you coming?" Camryn asks Evelyn who's sitting across the table from us. She used to sit next to me but stopped.

She shakes her head. "I don't party. My bedtime is at 11-"

Camryn snorts a laugh. "Oh, wait, you're serious?" She asks as she notices how quiet everyone is. Evelyn nods in response. "Oh. Fun, extra sleep is always good," she mumbles before looking at me.

I bite back a laugh and shrug. "How are my favourite ladies," Ollie takes a seat in front of us, right next to Evelyn.

"We, well, Harley and I are going to the party tonight! Wooo," Cam cheers. She always has a lot of energy and I love that about her.

Ollie snaps his head to me. "Cam you're literal magic. I've been trying to get her to come with me to a party for ages. We went to one and she never wanted to go again," Ollie exaggerates with his words.

"I just had a bad experience with alcohol," I lie. More like a bad decision due to alcohol.

"Well she's coming now. And she's coming to my place to get ready." Cam looks back at me for permission. I nod with a smile.

❤︎

"Have you ever thought about dying your hair darker?!" Camryn asks.

"Darker?" I question.

She walks out of her bathroom with a towel around her body. Her blonde hair, dripping wet. "Yeah, you're like a light brown. I'm thinking a dark, dark shade of brown or even black?" She suggests as she walks over to her closet.

"I don't know," I mumble. "I've never changed my hair." I've never thought about it either. I've always wanted to make small changes to my appearance but never cared enough to actually execute the idea.

She walks out of her closet in sweatpants and a white shirt. "Do you trust me?" She asks.

"I met you almost two weeks ago," I remind her.

"Aw happy two weeks babe," she jokes as she walks back into her bathroom. I laugh getting off her bed and following her. She's crouched down looking through her cupboards. "Too much shit. Oh here!"

She stands back up with some sort of aerosol bottle. "It'll only temporarily dye your hair the darkest dark brown until you wash your hair again," she assures. She takes a towel and throws it around my shoulders. "Want to try it?"

It's temporary. If I don't like it I can wash it out. "Yes." She takes strands of my hair and begins spraying it with the contents in the can. I close my eyes as she takes the next 10 minutes to get every inch of my hair.