30

two hours had passed since then and paimon still had not stopped listing all the dishes she wanted to try out.

you all passed the final statue of the seven around twenty minutes ago and decided to take a break there, which is why the final walk took longer than two hours after all.

you saw the path going downhill in front of you and finally saw the one city that would save your identity.

with a soft breeze flowing through your hair, you laid your eyes upon liyue city in front of you. the vibrant colors along the distant chattering made a small smile display on your face.

everyone around you had a reaction to the beautiful city, "oh!" you heard paimon squeak in excitement as she widened her eyes, her smile widening as well.

"were here." aether spoke up as he caught up with paimon, his white cape flowing behind him as he stood on top of a small rock to see more.

you heard diluc let out a relieved breath as he folded his arms in front of his chest, looking over at him you saw a small smile on his features, almost the same smile he gave you at wangshu inn.

"lets keep going, we havent even entered yet." you said as you already started moving again, now in front of the group.

no one opposed of your idea, you heard aether jump off the rock and land with steadiness and heard diluc quicken his pace to walk besides you.

you all descended from the small hill and were met with a big japanese styled entrance with a bridge to the city behind it.

as you approached the entrance, you grew nervous

as you approached the entrance, you grew nervous. your mind clouded with various questions like, 'what if childe didnt prepare everything yet?' or 'what if they see through everything?'

diluc besides you spoke up, his calm voice calming you down, "are you nervous?" he asked after he noticed your entire behavior.

your eyebrows were slightly furrowed but not too the point that it would be noticeable, you had your hands in front of you as you fiddled with them and your breathing became uneven.

you were kind off shocked that he could read your body language so easily, you thought you did a pretty good job on hiding your nervousness.

of course you would be nervous, your entire freedom and potentially even your life would be decided for you from now on.

you decided to answer in all honesty, "of course i am." you said and looked right in front of you at the entrance from liyue city while approaching it.

"if my connections are not to your liking, then ill be put as wanted." you continued as you now tilted your head to the side to make eye contact with diluc, who already looked at you.

you continued your rambling, letting your feelings out a little, "then ill be unable to travel and stuck in liyue forev-" you said but were cut off by diluc.

he laid his gloved hand on top of your head, cutting you off completely. when he noticed he had your attention he spoke up, "dont worry too much." he said while looking straight into your eyes.

your eyes were slightly widened and you were not feeling nervous at all anymore, diluc ruffled your hair in a gentle motion and then retracted his hand again to fall next to his side.

the motion had left you speechless, somehow it calmed your nerves down and you were grateful for that. you shifted your gaze to the entrance in front of you and spoke up, "thank you." you spoke up, almost in a whisper but still audible for diluc to hear.

it was quiet as you all walked to the gate, you were no longer walking downhill walked on solid pavement again. it was too quiet.

you looked behind you to check if paimon and aether were still there. and they were, but they were both looking at you and diluc with an unreadable expression.

"are you two okay?" you asked as you still looked over your shoulder. diluc heard you speak up and followed your gaze, looking at paimon and aether as well.

paimon completely evaded your question and started floating closer to aether, "did we miss a chapter or something??" she asked aether frantically, reffering to the short cute moment diluc and you just had.

"i think we did." aether said as he looked at paimon with a small smile on his face, surprised that diluc was associating with you so easily.

you didnt know how to respond to aether and paimon which left a confused expression on your face, diluc besides you spoke up, "leave them be, were here." he said.

now with your eyes in front of you, you saw two guards in front of you guarding the entrance of the city from liyue. they were now around three meters away from you.

then something unpredictable happened. one of the guards, who you had never seen in your life, walked up to you all and spoke up, "y/n! its so good to see you again." he said with his spear in hand.

it took you a second to understand the situation but played along, "oh! its good to see you again too." you said and gave him a small smile. the only problem was that you didnt know his name.

childe could have at least told you some of the names of the people that he bribed, but he didnt. 'at least he went through the trouble of doing this.' you thought to yourself and continued speaking to the guard.

"im glad to be back, how have you been?" you started off and tried to make a decent, believable conversation.