1.24 - Volpina

3rd Person POV:

"Yes, I'm busy! I was right in the middle of something very important, what do you want?."

Adrien listens in on his father's conversation on the phone.

He was simply heading his way out the door to head to school but his interest was grabbed when his father's angry voice bounced around the room.

"What? This is unacceptable! The sample garment doesn't match at all! All you had to do was follow a pattern, you imbeciles!" Gabriel heatedly growls into the phone, as he picks up a book and heads to a hidden vault to place it. He closes the doors as he speaks, revealing that the vault was hidden way behind the large mural of Adrien's mother. "What am I supposed to do? The show is in three days! ... No, don't use him, he's completely useless. Call my assistant Natalie, she'll give you.."

Adrien hides when Gabriel grows closer to the door. He waits until his father leaves completely before turning his attention back to the room Gabriel just exited.

"He hides stuff behind the picture of mom?" Adrien asks himself but Plagg decides to pop in.

"Oh, I love dirty secrets!" Plagg grins as he follows Adrien into the room. Adrien reopens the painting, the small vault now visible and shown to be locked.

"Oh yes! Go on, go on!" Plagg encourages Adrien's sneaky behavior as Adrien attempts to open the vault but pulls away nervously.

"I can't do it. My dad wouldn't like me going through his stuff! Besides, I don't even know the code, and my fencing class is about to start." Adrien makes excuses as to why he can't open it.

"You're such a party pooper." Plagg groans before phasing through the door, unlocking it before Adrien could stop him. "My, my, what do we have in here?"

Adrien opens the vault door as Plagg lists the random items that were being stored. He tosses the book that Gabriel had earlier to Adrien growing bored with the items inside, the book being the only one to peak his interest.

"I've seen this book somewhere before.." Plagg stares at it before his attention gets taken off of it, "but who cares, I'm famished! I need camembert!"

"Why is my dad keeping this locked in a safe?" Adrien mutters to himself as he flips through the pages filled with heroes, before gasping once he reaches a certain page. "Hawkmoth?! What's this monster doing in a book about superheroes?"

"Cheese! Didn't you hear me?!" Plagg whines, no longer interested in the book.

Adrien and Plagg pause when they hear the clicks of heels coming their way, making them freak out. Adrien quickly goes to put the book back before pausing and he makes the split second decision to keep the book and close the vault door and place the large picture frame back in place. He quickly shoves the book in his bag just in time before Natalie and Gorilla to enter the room.

"Adrien? You're going to be late." Natalie warns the blonde.

"I was looking for my homework!" Adrien mentally applauds himself for getting better at lying and holds up his papers. "Silly me!"

|~|

"Can you believe Lila knows Prince Ali? She even flew in his private jet with him!" Rose gossips to Juleka.

"Why did Jagged Stone write a song about Lila, when he could've written it about me!" Chloe boils and complains to Sabrina.

"Lila knows all of the Hollywood directors, she even promised she'd mention me to Steven Spielberg!" Nino chats with Kim and Max.