thirty-nine

Vittoria turned over in her bed, wallowing in the warmth her sheets brought her.

Empty tubs of 'Bens' ice creams piled up on her desk, clothes strewn all across her floor, various glass and ceramic objects broken on the floor courtesy of her random fits of rage.

Her door opened suddenly, the sounds of heels clicking against the wooden floor, and she lifted her head.

Kelsie stood there with her hands on her hips overlooking the girl.

Vittoria furrowed her eyes brows slowly.
The last time she saw Kelsie was ages ago.

"What do you want?" Her tone of voice broke Kelsie's heart.

It was croaky and laced with exhaustion.

"Get up." She simply demanded.

"What? No." She whined dragging out the 'o'.

"Yes. You've been in bed for literal weeks." She scoffed sitting down on the bed.

"And it's completely understandable, but c'mon Vitt, we're worried about you." Kelsie rubbed her hand over the girls back.

"Look it's not like I missed the Mafia Ball or something. It's literally been two days." Vittoria defended herself, rolling her eyes.

"The Mafia Ball is in two days, and it's been a month." Kelsie dead-panned.

"Holy shit." Vittoria sat up and almost instantly groaned, the lights in her room blinding her.

"Well do I necessarily have to go?"

"You're the heir."

"Vincenzo can be the heir!"

"Not how it works." Kelsie shook her head.

"Fine." Vittoria reluctantly agreed "Why're you so dressed up?" Vittoria looked her over once.

"Well you my dear have a meeting."

Vittoria grumbled and stubbornly pulled on the sweater she was handed

"Why a sweater? It's literally 90 degrees outside."
"And this sweater is really tight." She huffed out, although her breathing came out in puffs.

Weeks and weeks of sitting in one room alone with nothing but ice cream did something to her previously fit body.

Her thighs had thickened significantly and she had managed to have her flat stomach accumulate some pudge.

Not that gaining weight was a bad thing, but she really didnt feel like herself enough to be feeling herself.

"Look, i'll be guiding you the whole time, and Killian will be there." The last part of her sentence sparked an interest in her mind, but she played it off cool.