Part 17

"I jumped"

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Aizawa pov*

"Izuku!", I yelled. He was probably having a nightmare and yelling was most likely not the best course of action right now but I didn't know what else to do.

"Sir I'm going to ask you to leave", the nurse said as he tried to push me out of the room. "That is my son. I'm not going to leave the room while he's panicking.", I said for the third time. The nurse sighed and said, "then please stand to the side, we will handle this", I agreed reluctantly and he nodded his head.

They went back to trying to wake him up, it's been 3 days since they put him in a coma. They found out that his body needed some serious rest and time to recover, he was overworking himself somehow even when we thought he was taking care of himself. Chiyo said he'd never agree to rest for that long and his head might've taken damage so they had no choice but to put him in a coma. The heart monitor kept speeding up, the beeps were getting more erratic and I was getting scared.

His eyes shot open and he sat up, tears started pouring and he started weeping. I rushed to his bed and hugged him, he cried into my chest and I rubbed his head soothingly while the doctors and nurses left.

He gasped and pushed me away and ripped open his hospital gown and saw his bare chest. He sighed in relief but the tears didn't stop.

He tugged at his hair and his breathing, although steady, got heavy. I sat next to him and hugged him with my bandaged arms. He once again cried into my chest. We stayed like that for a while until he calmed down.

"Every time I try to move on it just comes back to haunt me. I-I just can't-", he said with a pained voice. I don't know what to do and it hurts me to see him like this. "Izuku, I know it's hard but I want you to tell me about your nightmare. Maybe if you voice it out it'll help you", I said. He hesitated but nodded his head in the end.

He explained his dream, the centipede around his heart, the koi fish, his mother, his middle school that I will sue and shutdown later and that he tried to kill himself -that woried me.

I think he was leaving something out but I didn't want to push him right now. He showed me his arm and I saw the fading scar that made me want to murder Inko but when he showed me his arm I noticed the scars on his wrists that were too organized to be caused by a fight, there were no fresh ones so that was good.

He shed a lot of tears throughout the entire ordeal. I hugged him and rubbed his back as he spoke, he  stuttered here and there but got through it and I have to admit that he's made a lot of progress, before he'd just shut me out, maybe it's the drugs in his system.

He's been through too much for a 15 year old child, hell none of the adults I know have been through this much shit. I didn't know what else to do other than hug him and listen to him but I think it helped in some small way.

"Izuku, do you want to take a break? Go on a tiny vacation? I never take holidays so I have plenty stacked up.", he shook his head, "what about my Jade stuff? I can't stop that", I sighed and nodded.

"Thanks though, its...its nice that someone listens. I've never had that before", he said with a small smile. I hugged him again, "I want you to tell me everything that bothers you, it doesn't matter how small it is, if it's your toothbrush or some plant in the back yard. I want to know.", I felt him smile into my chest.

"Okay then can I quit school?", I sighed and shook my head and held him by his shoulders. "You know you can't do that, Nezu wants you in the school and I need to keep an eye on you and the hero commission will go nuts if you go rogue again.", he looked down with a disappointed smile. "Yeah I didn't think I could"

I didn't like his expression so i shuffled around on the bed to turn on the TV and we watched Jujutsu Kaisen, "aren't you glad I got you into anime?", I asked him. He rolled his eyes but nodded with a tiny laugh.

"WHY THE FUCK ISN'T MAKI A FIRST GRADE??? SHE COULD BEAT ALL THEIR ASSES IN THREE FUCKING SECONDS. YOU SHOW THEM YOU QUEEN!", he yelled at the TV and I snorted, a nurse came in and scolded us.

"The Zenin clan is just super stupid, goddamn idiots can't recognize raw talent, but I still feel bad for Mai." I said and he nodded his head. We watched anime for the rest of the day until the UA staff came to visit us.

"Why'd you all come here anyway, I don't want to see your faces.", I said. Nemuri scoffed, "calm your tits Shota, we're here to see my beautiful baby not your sorry ass"

Izuku choked on the water he was drinking. Everyone hid their faces but they did a terrible job at muffling their laughter, I just grumbled and buried myself into Izuku's blanket.

*Izuku pov*

I laughed with everyone but I couldn't stop thinking about my dream.

I jumped

Should I have jumped? No, my life is good right now, these people love me and I'm healthy.

Are you though?

Do they love you, for real?

Yeah they do.

Don't kid yourself, take my advice and jump. Trust me, it'll all get better.

But things are really good right now-

NO, just stop with that bullshit.

"Izuku? Are you fine?", papa Zashi asked, distracting me from myself.

"Huh? Oh, yeah I think I'm still a little tired", I said with a light laugh at the end. Everyone smiled and nodded, "you get some rest then, we'll come back tomorrow.", I returned the smile and shrank into my blanket, then I realised dad was still here.

"What's wrong?", he asked, "n-nothing, why would you think something's wrong?", I replied. "Because your dumbass is being suspicious and worrying." he said with his eyes closed.

See, it's just like I told you. You're just a burden.

"I-I think I'm gonna sleep, you wanna head back to your own bed now?", he shook his head. "Its all warm here and you might have another nightmare, I wanna be there for you, incase you do.

I nodded and shut my eyes real tight, my eyebrows were knitted together and my lips were pursed together in a thin line. Dad must've noticed that I was stressed because he put his arm around me and pulled me into a warm embrace.

An inconvenience even while sleeping-

"You're not a burden and I love you, remember that"