D I A M O N D R I N G

I wiggled around in my sleep, my eyes slowly fluttered open meeting a pair of gray ones

I wiggled around in my sleep, my eyes slowly fluttered open meeting a pair of gray ones. Faust was watching me sleep, I chuckled before bringing the blanket up to my face hiding my disgusting morning face.

"Hey, I was looking at that." He laughs, his hand brings down the blanket uncovering my face.

We both exhaled deeply and exchanged unspoken words, we simply just stared at each other making sure this was real and not one of those dreams we both probably shared.

"I love my kids more than anything and their always come first so that's why I had to ask them before I made this decision." He says. "That's why last night when you fell asleep I had a talk with the kids."

"About what?" I asked.

He smiles softly before standing up and waking over to his clothing drawer, he grabbed something that I couldn't quite figure out what it was. He walked back over to me, he got back under the covers with me. I sat up a little clearly confused, he revealed a black velvet box.

"I asked them how they felt if I made you my wife and most importantly their step mom." He blows out some air nervously, his eyes didn't leave mine not even for a second. "I was scared because I knew my decision was solely based on them and how they felt."

Tears filled my eyes, this couldn't be real. He's all I've ever wanted, my chest was heaving up and down when he opened the small box revealing a simple diamond ring. It was a small circular diamond with a sliver band so simple yet so perfect.

"What did they say?" I asked, my heart was skipping beats.

The way he puts his kids before anything else made me feel like I could actually have a future with him, he'd never abandon his kids and that made me feel like I was on cloud 9. That's why I love him, when a man shows up for his children it proves how good of a man he really is.

"They said yes but on two conditions." He says with a small smile. "No vegan food and tell them your famous bedtime stories every night."

We both started laughing, I was laughing through the tears.

"I can do that, I hate plants anyways and I'll tell them a story every night until they get tired of my annoying voice." I said between laughs, he laughed even harder.

"God I swear my kids and I have some sort of ptsd from plants." He rolls his eyes playfully.

I smiled when he said that, he took out the ring being extremely careful with it.

"Adora Esmerée Ridges, I love you and I never wish to be parted from you, from this day on." He whispers, more happy tears traveled down my cheeks. "Will you do me the greatest honor of being my wife?" He asked with a worried half smile, this was the first time I actually witnessed him being so nervous.