Chapter Forty-Three: Caelum

The banging on the door rung through both of my ears, my eyes darting back and forth while Aleksander held a hand out for me to grab with his foot out on the window. "Please, I want you to trust me lady (y/n)." he frowned as I finally gave in and took his hand, he pulled me up with all his strength while I slowly jumped down with eyes closed.

I slowly fluttered it back open after landing safely on the roof. I craned my head to look down, with both arms pressed firmly on the wall of the palace. Sentinels pointed at us and went onwards inside.

Aleksander closed the window shut and went in front of me, I pulled on the back of his vest tightly while he took each step with caution. The moon shun bright with the starry night, the owl creepily watches us from a distance with its piercing golden eyes.

I turned my attention back to my steps, my highly strung beating heart palpitating in every step as if I were to slip and die in any second. "We're almost there, lady (y/n). Just hold on tightly." Aleksander reassured, leaning closer to the wall. He heave himself up after sliding the window open, he turned around and gave me a hand.

I lift myself up with both of my toes and reached his hand, holding it tightly as he pulled me up. My world suddenly fell frozen after another pulled me back roughly.

I craned my head to the side, locking eye to eye with Nikolas who seemed to have not fathom his own momentum from the edge of the roof tiles. "And where do you think you're going, my dearest (y/n)? Aren't we in the middle of a game?" he glared, glancing up at Aleksander who was distraught to see him but only pulled me up further.

Nikolas prised Aleksander's arm away from mine with a clenching stab on his forearm from a pair of golden scissors. Aleksander jerked back as I slipped and felt my body fall on the edge of the roof. I yelled out a cry with Nikolas struck with a sensing perturbation while my feet dangled from above the air.

We heard Aleksander's painful groan, looking down at me while Nikolas shut the window close once more. I slowly creeped my head downwards, only to gulp with petrification.

"Help me, please," I said in an undertone, yearning to release in every tick of the clock with my fingertips running cold but powerless to give over to the grim.

Nikolas went down to his knees slowly, promptly losing his stricken visage as to seem more nonchalant. His pair of piercingly blue eyes gazed down at me with a narrow stare while I forbid myself to fall.

He pressed his hand against my own with a claw, digging his fingers to the back of my hand. "Please...please don't, Nikolas. I don't wanna die." I begged in a plea, heaving myself to catch his wrist as I squeezed it tightly. He tilt his head back, a devilish smirk coming back its way to his face. "I am a man of my word, my dearest (y/n)," he said with a laugh following suit, leaning closer to my face as if to jeer.

"And thou art to see the caelum from above." Nikolas said under one's breath, propelling my fingertips from the edge as I spite with flummox from his nefarious act.

My eyes froze still with Nikolas's arctic eyes, no sight of melancholy to be seen from even the naked eye. My body felt light, with its gushing wind wanting to catch me while I sprung my arms above the air.

I blinked. My eyes fell on the beautiful night sky, sirenized from its serene light of the moon that gleamed deeply in my eyes. The sound of the painful cry of Aleksander felt muffled from my slow beating heart. To be met with a uxoricide faith was something I wish to never fall to, but here shall I fell.

I squeezed my eyes shut as my body fell closer to the ground as to surrender to my griming death.