A smile

Archer pov

Moving around the hospital I have a smile on my face as last week I enjoyed myself it was a good night spending it with some good company, I didn't think I could be this happy by just talking to a girl, normally I just sleep with them and leave them the next day like hit it and quit it. As I'm walking past everyone I can see them looking at me wondering why I'm smiling this much, most of them will think I got laid but imagine the smile on my face when I actually do sleep with Ellie which I know will not be any time soon though but I can wait. Entering the er department I find it quiet with a couple of nurses and patients, its a little quiet for a day like today but I find it relaxing. Taking the seat behind the desk I file all my reports hoping I don't get behind too much as theres always something to do around the hospital, typing the report I only just hear about the collision as my mind was somewhere else, looking around the er I make sure I have everything in order for the patients that will be coming in but as I'm making sure I have everything I'm being pulled to the side being told I'm going to the accident site, it has been a while since I was at a incident site helping the patients. Riding in the back of the ambulance I close my eyes trying to calm my heartbeat so when I do get to the scene I am focus like I am when I'm doing surgery, focusing on my calming my heat beat I hit a bump in the road rocking my body from side to side, opening my eyes I try to stable myself in the back, hoping I get to the scene quickly. I didn't hear much about what happened as I rushed to the scene but I'm hoping to get the information as I exit the ambulance.

"A man has his leg trapped and it needs amputating" nodding my head I get pointed into the right decision hoping its not as bad as it seems because I really don't want to chop off someone leg. Making it to the scene I access the man sitting in his seat, his car has toss and turned that many times the car looks like it was ran over by a lorry which is quite mean of me to say but I am beyond surprised the driver is still alive. Laying on my belly I look at the man situation he is losing blood and I'm unable to come up with something else, strapping his leg I make a mental note off where I'm cutting. Connecting the bag to the man's arm I wait a couple of minutes for him to calm down before I cut his leg, he's going to need to be rushed to the hospital once I cut his leg. Having two fire fighters by my side I turn the saw on and brace myself for the blood, I don't want to be chopping his leg but now I looked and seen I have no other choice.

The man's leg has been cut meaning I have to take a step back to aloud the fire fighters to pull the man free, there is a paramedic behind me with a back board ready to transport the patient and unfortunately the only fastest way to the hospital is by helicopter. As I stand back I spot Ellie treating another patient but from here she looks a little pale, I was a little taken back to see her back at work but my guess was she went straight back to work after being released from the hospital, Ellie looks like someone who wont let something like a little smoke stop her from helping. Watching Ellie work I have a smile on my face she throw herself into everything she does unlike some nurses and doctors I know, enjoying seeing Ellie I take a quick glance back at the scene in front of me.

"Lets go" I shout once I spot the man out the car, I'm following close behind as we all rush to the helicopter not wanting to lose the patient. I hated that I chopped the man's leg off but if its to save his life so be it, sliding the patient into the helicopter I climb on connecting him to the machine they have on board, I have already paged the doctors I need and hopefully we can sort his leg out so he can have a fake one if he wants. Holding onto something as we take off I brace myself I have never minded flying but a plane and helicopter are two different things. Not taking my eyes off the patient I try to keep him stable thought out the transport hoping he can understand when he wakes up that I had to cut his leg off.

Landing on the helicopter pad I'm the first one to jump off as I spot another doctor come running up to me with the bed ready, he's going straight to surgery with an specialist to see what they can do with the leg while I'm going back to the er department hoping to sort though the injuries that will be incoming. When I was at the scene I didn't see much of who was hurt as my main focus was on the man I was there for, changing my scrubs I head back down to the er just in time as the first patient comes though the doors. Standing in the middle of the room I order the first patient to room one hoping there isn't much patient and as each patient comes in I'm ordering where around. Moving around the room I almost get taken off my feet by another incoming this time its Megan and Ellie coming in with a pregnant women, pointing to an empty room I watch as they transport the women from one bed to another, I'm amazed by her beauty and work ethic. Stopping for a second I watch Ellie but its like she can feel me looking at her and just like that she turns around to look at me, giving Ellie a smile I get one in return.