CHAPTER 119

6 – 9

The seating gallery of the immaculate court, located in the very center of the royal capital, was filled to the brim with nobles of all standing.

They had all come to see the downfall of the quintessential villainess, Camilla. In order to tip the balance in the ongoing struggle between Prince Julian and Prince Eckhart, all the nobles of the capital were invited to observe the trial.

The courtroom was packed to the rafters. There were even members of the lower aristocracy outside, bargaining with the guards to be permitted inside the full courtroom. Beyond them, it seemed as if every journalist in the city had turned out for the occasion, climbing trees and pressing up against the gates to try and catch a glimpse of the courtroom through any and all windows.

Amongst those in attendance were the Count and Countess Storm, Camilla's parents. Diana had come as their servants, whilst Therese stood beside them as well, waiting for the precise moment when the stubborn Camilla would finally break down.

Therese's parents, Viscount and Viscountess Neumann, were also watching in trepidation.

Sitting opposite those in attendance in his high seat was a judge who had pledged to God to be fair and impartial. Sitting on the judge's left side was Prince Eckhart, whose serious face seemed even dourer as he crossed his arms with a glare.

On the other side, were the two who had brought the accusations against Camilla; Prince Julian and his betrothed, the Lady Liselotte.

A slender and beautiful form. The silver hair that she had lost herself chasing after. But no matter how much she chased him, those beautiful crimson eyes had never looked Camilla's way.

Now, however, they coldly regarded Camilla, as she stood below their high seats.

Liselotte sat right next to Prince Julian. She had the blonde hair all the members of the Ende family possessed, as well as red eyes imbued with magic that matched those of the Prince. That expression of fear and hurt, mixed with a touch of pity, was it true or just another falsehood? It didn't matter to Camilla anymore.

She had once loved that man, and she hadn't yet forgotten him. Yet, despite how coldly Julian looked at her, it didn't budge Camilla's heart anymore.

The crime that Camilla was charged with, as accused by the Prince himself, was being the leading cause of a general revolt in Mohnton.

She was accused of seducing and sullying the hardworking and diligent Duke Montchat, twisting his heart around her finger and making him lose his mind. Using her puppet, the Duke, Camilla had set out to destroy the territory by striking at its very foundations.

It was only thanks to his faithful servants that Duke Montchat managed to regain some of his sanity, but when he tried to have the treacherous Camilla leave his lands, she had him poisoned. Then, in her most dastardly act yet, she framed the loyal servants of the Duke as the culprits, those noble souls who only wanted the best for Mohnton.

With those faithful servants gone, Lord Montchat once again lost his mind. The people, finally sick of Camilla's tyrannical hold over both the Duke and the Duchy, rose up in revolt to save their land.

"That is false."

The Prince didn't even raise an eyebrow at Camilla's firm denial. Folding his arms, he breathed out, staring down at Camilla.

"Can you prove that?"

"Lord Alois knows the truth of it."

"...You expect us to take testimony from a man you've caused to lose his mind?"