Chapter five

TW: Taunt and mentions of kidnapping and torture

Once they are out of the grounds of Hogwarts, Lupin apparates with Vera and Laura to the Headquarters of the Order. At first, all they see is what looks to be an ordinary apartment building, when out of the blue that building suddenly expands in front of their eyes. Now number twelve is available as well - it wasn't there before.

They then enter with Lupin, only to be met by screaming. "Blood traitors! You brought Muggles to my home?!" a lady's voice screams.

The girls quickly find the source of the yelling - it's coming from a moving painting. However, it's quickly covered by some curtains which seem to silence it. "Oh, shut up!" a man with brown, curly, medium-length hair says in an irritated tone while looking at the now hidden picture.

He then turns his attention to the newcomers. "Hello and welcome to Grimmauld Place. My name is Sirius Black and this is my home as well as the Headquarters of the Order" he says as he gives them a charming smile. All the girls can do is smile and nod, still a bit shocked by the screaming painting.

"Well, let us introduce you to the Order, shall we?" Lupin suggests as he motions for them to enter the apartment further. The four of them then enter the living room which is quite big. Inside are four other people - a girl with pink hair, a friendly- and warm-looking man and woman both with red hair and lastly, a guy with a fake eye and some scars on his face.

"Welcome! Oh, it is good to know that you girls are all right! I cannot imagine what would have happened if those horrible Death Eaters got you!" the woman with red hair exclaims as she approaches and gives the girls a motherly hug. A bit confused and slightly awkward, the girls decide to hug her back.

"Molly, do not scare the girls. They just got here" Sirius Black says while chuckling.

The woman, whose name is Molly, lets go of the girls and gives them a warm smile. "I apologise, I was just worried. My name is Molly Weasley. This is my husband, Arthur Weasley" she says as she points to the red-haired man who smiles at them.

"This is Nymphadora Tonks. I advise you to call her Tonks, by the way" she says, chuckling a bit as she points to the pink-haired girl who waves at them.

"And this is Alastor Moody" she says as she points to the man with the fake eye. The man nods at them as his fake eye moves and looks straight at them, almost as if scanning them. That creeps both Vera and Laura out but they just ignore it.

"We are all a part of the Order and so is my godson, Harry Potter. Hermione Granger too, as well as Molly and Arthur's children - Ginny, Ron, Fred and George Weasley. They will apparate here soon with Dumbledore and Snivel- I mean Snape" Black states as he gives an irritated sigh while Lupin is looking at him warningly.

That caught the attention of the girls. Why was Black about to call Snape by another name? It didn't sound like his first name. Deciding not to comment on it, they both nod at the information.

Not long after, the rest appear in the apartment. Of course, the painting starts to scream again. "You blood traitors! First you bring Muggles here and now a Mudblood, too! What a disgrace!!".

Black gets quite irritated by that. "I shall give you disgrace" he mutters as he once again silences the painting.

The now sixteen people are all in the living room as they sit down on the many couches. Laura can't help but notice Black and Snape giving each other deadly glares all the time. Okay, they are definitely not friends.

Dumbledore decides to break the silence. "Now that we finally have the diamond, we will need to find out how to use it against Voldemort" he states. Everybody, except for Harry, Laura and Vera, gasps while Snape is holding his arm in pain as he's glaring daggers at Dumbledore who just ignores it and continues. "The girls, Laura and Vera, will have to stay here at the Headquarters until it is all over. We cannot risk them staying at Hogwarts and getting kidnapped as well as tortured by the Death Eaters". Everybody nods in agreement.

Dumbledore then looks at the girls. "Will you hand me the diamond, please?" he asks Laura politely. Nodding, she hands him the diamond as he then concentrates. Nothing happens.

"Interesting. I can feel the energy and the power of the diamond, but I cannot seem to use it. We will need to search how to use its powers" he says after a while. Well, great. If Dumbledore doesn't know how to use it, then how in the world will others?

"I suggest we look in the library of Grimmauld Place" Dumbledore then says. Nodding at that, everybody gets to work and starts looking for information in the library.

Halfway through their search, Black can't help but taunt Snape. "Can't find any information about the diamond, huh, Snivellus?" he asks Snape in a mocking tone. Everybody looks at the two men, worried. This can't end well if it isn't stopped soon.

"I do not see you succeeding either, Black" Snape says, quite calm, as he smirks at the curly-haired man. Black huffs in annoyance and decides to leave it and continues his search.

When they are done searching the whole library, they admit their defeat. There is no information about the diamond here.

"Sir, we should probably look at the library in Hogwarts. I am sure we will find information there" Hermione suggests.

Giving her a sad smile, Dumbledore nods. "Yes, Ms. Granger. I agree. However, that means Laura and Vera will have to go with you. You will need their help" he says. Vera can't believe it. Didn't he not too long ago say that they would be in danger if they went there? And how can they even help? They don't know anything about the diamond!

Dumbledore senses her concern. "Do not worry - Professor Lupin, Professor Snape, Professor McGonagall and I will be at the castle if anything should happen" he says, reassuring her. Feeling slightly better however still not fully convinced, Vera nods.

"What do we do with the diamond, Headmaster? Lucius Malfoy saw it in Laura's hand" Lupin tells him.

Dumbledore's eyes sparkle yet again. "Vera will carry it, then. They will obviously be suspecting that Laura is the one who has it" he states.

What? That old man is crazy! She can barely take care of herself! "B-but-!" Vera starts but Dumbledore immediately interrupts her.

"Do not worry. Nothing will happen. We will make sure that no Death Eater enters Hogwarts. You have my word" Dumbledore promises as he smiles.

Feeling defeated, Vera slowly nods. She has a bad feeling about this, though.