Chapter 5

The same night in Suna, a fierce battle was going on between Gaara and Deidara, when all of a sudden Gaara made a hand sign.

"Domain Expansion: Demon of the night," he said as a ball of chakra surrounded them.

Deidara found himself in an empty playground beside a swing that was just swinging in the air making creaking noises. It was a pitch-black moonless night, the one from horror movies.

"Huh?" he said as he flared his chakra, but nothing happened.

"This isn't genjutsu?" he said as he then tried to make exploding clay out of his mouth on his hand, only to find it completely shut.

"WHAT THE FUCK! MY EXPLOSIONS!" he yelled as he turned, only to come face to face with someone.

"AAAH!" he yelled, but the thing disappeared.

"What the hell?" he said, his heart pumping.

All of a sudden, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He slowly turned to see a partially mutated Gaara with a sickening grin on his face.

'It's becoming more and more tiring to pretend to be a crazy person wanting to kill everyone, isn't it Shukaku?' thought Gaara

"Yeah. Like we are not like that," said Shukaku.

"I am not like that. You were more than happy to destroy anything you saw," said Gaara.

"Hey! That was not my fault. That seal was so fucking cramped that it drove me crazy," said Shukaku.

Gaara's sand started to cover Deidara who stood there frozen in fear. The sand was about to cover him completely when the expansion broke.

"So you are really strong. However, even you can't take on two S-rank ninjas at once," said Sasori as he sent a puppet at him.

Gaara immediately jumped back and sent a sand clone to Baki.

"Send someone to Konoha," said Gaara's clone, as he dissolved the next second as the main Gaara's sand shield exploded, knocking him out.