47 - do you want kids?

I can't apologize enough for not updating, but I hope you guys forgive me. Oh and Maddie left with Peter in the last chapter, in case you forgot because I took 84 years to update. LEAVE COMMENTs EVERYWHERE BC THEY HELP ME SO MUCH

Ashton: I'm sorry Maddie

Ashton: ok I shouldn't have said that to him. Please come back home so we can talk. I don't like when we fight, I'll try to stop getting so angry

Ashton: I don't trust him, please just tell me where you're going. What if he takes you somewhere and you never come back?

Me: we're just going by his apartment I think, and you're an idiot. He isn't kidnapping me

Ashton: okay, I'm sorry. I understand that you wanted to leave but come back as soon as you can

Ashton: I love you

"So, that's my replacement?" Peter frowns as he keeps his eyes on the road. He tried unsuccessfully to hold my hand when we first got in the car, but I slipped away easily. I don't understand what it is with him always trying to touch me.

"He's not usually like that," I defend Ashton quickly. Why did he even act like that? I probably should've tried to talk to him, but I'm just too upset right now. I think I might've slapped him if I stayed any longer.

Then again, he probably deserves to be slapped.

"And he smokes. Please tell me you haven't started smoking," Peter sighs and I shake my head. He hums quietly and then turns on the radio, saving me from a conversation with him.

Even though I had a few drinks earlier, it only took a few shouts from Ashton to sober up. I can't believe he's been smoking. My heart hurt when I saw the awful thing between his lips.

The drive to Peter's place is about ten minutes from my house. Not too far, which is a relief. Once we get there, I get out of the car and follow closely behind him, taking in the quiet community of apartments. He takes his sweet time walking to his and then unlocks it easily, placing a hand on my back to usher me in.

"Sorry, there's not much furniture. I'm at school most of the time. That futon is super comfy though," Peter mumbles, pointing to a black futon. I nod and walk over to it, taking a seat.

It is comfy. If butts could smile when they were comfortable, mine would be grinning right now.

Peter glances at me as he walks into the kitchen and towards the refrigerator. We always hung out in his bedroom at his parent's house while we were dating, so I'm not totally uncomfortable being with him. It's just odd seeing him have a place of his own now. He's all grown up.

"Hmmm, want some pizza?" He calls.

"Yes," I groan with a quiet laugh. He chuckles deeply and I glance at my phone to see if I have any texts. Ashton hasn't sent another one, probably because I never replied to his last text. I'm also a little shocked when I don't see one from Henry. I thought he'd be going crazy since I left with Peter.

Peter approaches me, holding an entire pizza box. I scoot over a little, making room for him, but he still sits right beside me. He places the cold box on both of our laps and lifts the top, revealing half a pepparoni pizza.

"You still like it cold, don't you?" He laughs and I nod, hungrily reaching for the largest piece.

"So, tell me about this guy," He says casually as he grabs a piece too. I quickly regret stuffing my mouth because I can feel him looking at me as he waits for an answer. I assume he's going to scold me for something I'm doing wrong, like eating when I'm supposed to be talking, but he doesn't say anything.