XXXIX

Alles Walzer!

Alles Walzer!

The music started. The teens began to form the position of the waltz they were using. It was magnificent, and everyone's eyes were locked on the dancers in the center, except Kalen who was still looking at Ashanti.

His lips slowly dropped open. His heart was beating as if there was no tomorrow. The man was in awe at her beauty and the aura that was surrounding upon her.

But the beat in his chest became a knife that brought him the ache. Habang patagal nang patagal ang titig niya sa babae ay pasakit din nang pasakit ang nararamdaman niya.

There was Ashanti, standing and smiling at him. That smile was for contentment.

Tears were urging to exit his eyes. At first, he did not like the feeling he was getting from her. She was smiling differently, not like the one when they were still together. It was lighter, and her eyes seemed calmer.

It was the face of freedom.

Unti-unti siyang napangiti. The curve on his lips was not for happiness, but gratification. A thorn left his throat seeing the woman of his life getting the life she deserved. At that moment, a conclusion popped into his mind.

Ashanti ended their relationship for the better. It was wrong since they were feeling guilt every time they were seeing each other. The only problem she had was the bond they've got, and now that it was on its end, she could freely do what she wanted in life.

He was still in the dark, left alone. But her face was enough for him to let out a deep breath and nod as a sign of satisfaction.

His foot seemed to have its mind as it moved while the cotillion was still ongoing. His eyes were fixed on her, not minding the music and dancers in front. The people in the area looked at the man who was walking to the center, destroying the formation of the dancers.

Even just for the last time, I want to thank you for the moments we had.

His hand raised as he saw how Ashanti slowly faded on his sight right when the dancer unintentionally blocked his way by turning their body for the music. He blinked as no shadow of her could be seen and that was the time he went back to reality. He took out a small laugh and returned to the area he was in.

He wanted her to know that no matter how short the time they got, how awful the relationship they had in the eyes of others, how shocked and miserable he was when she ended their connection, she still had a place in his heart.

You're the most beautiful thing that happened to me, and I thank you for that, Asha.

Ashanti bit her lips when she felt a hand on her wrist, pulling her out of the crowd. She looked up, and there he was, Giovanni, who placed her to the chair she was sitting in a while ago.