c h a p t e r - 2

'I don't know what they are called, the spaces between seconds but I think of you always in those intervals.'

***

Waking up I did my daily routine and wore a cute crop top with black high-waisted jeans.

Because of the crop top, my stomach showed a bit but I didn't pay attention to it since it was a sunny day.

I think I was something of what you call a popular group.

But thank goodness, after realizing the fact that most of the rumors about anyone began with my group I stopped hanging out with them.

And made a few good friends, among whom most left the school for another place and now I have a single best friend.

I have long, silky black hair that reached my waist.

And I also I was pretty tall among the other girls in my school. Around 5'8.

Not gonna lie, I never saw a single advantage of being this tall.

I can't believe I am gonna be early today.

I reached school and went towards my locker. All of a sudden Blair came towards me squealing like an idiot.

''What happened?'' I asked amused at her.

I am sure everyone is looking at us now, and I was right when I turned around to shut my locker and my eyes contacted Alex.

He and his friends were also looking at us. I quickly turned back to her.

''Finally, I found you. Sean invited both of us to a party at his house,'' she said jumping making me laugh at her childishness.

Well, Sean is her crush but the problem is that he is a playboy and a pretty bad one.

I have tried to talk about this many times to Blair, but she ignores this.

I sighed thinking that what if he uses her.

I shook my head to get rid of these negative thoughts.

''Annika you are coming with me'' Blair says making me get out of my thoughts.

''Oh okay....wait WHAT ???'' I said shocked.

'' Yes you are, you cant get out of this.'' She said making me glare at her.

Then I made puppy dog eyes and asked her to not take me.

''This is not working on me,'' she said covering her eyes with her hands.

''At least come for me.'' She said making her puppy dog eyes. Ughhh no...

''Do I have to ??'' I said already tired thinking about how I was going to enjoy my weekend by watching Netflix.

''Yes,'' she said way too happy for this.

''Fine,'' I said groaning.

''Yay'' she said hugging me almost taking my life with that tight hug.

''Ah stop, 'I said coughing.

''Sorry I got too excited,'' she said grinning.

I look around and saw Alex's group still looking at us and I feel like they heard our conversation.

Alex seems angry at someone as he has his jaw locked and a fist ready to punch someone.

He looks pretty hot...wait stop thinking stupid unholy things, I said to myself.

And he saw me staring at him and smirked. Then raised one eyebrow tilting his head cutely.

He looked hot but yet cute.