Twenty Eight: Cheesy Jokes

Twenty Eight

She sat silently on his couch, her anger brewing as she stared across the room at Annaleigh and Nicole who were both looking a bit uncomfortable from the smallest woman in the room's glare.

"Isa, we know you must be upset-"

"I'm leaving," she murmured, standing up gracefully, "I'm tired of waiting on him. Can one of you two please take me home?"

Leigh frowned at Isa, her eyes shining in what seemed to be worry, "Isa, why don't you just...."

"I'll take you," Nicole sighed, heaving herself up off the couch, "There's no use in you sitting here like a prisoner awaiting her sentence."

Isa let out a quiet sigh as she hugged Adrian's mother before following his sister out the door, speaking to her quietly, "Thank you Nicole," She sounded tired, and in all reality, she already was, though she had only been awake for an hour and a half at most. Fighting with Adrian-no matter how massive or minuscule the fight was- always left Isa enervated.

Nicole didn't speak until they had been on the road for a few minutes, "You know," Isa turned in her seat to look at the other woman, "I thought that after what happened with you, he would be a little more tolerant, at least in the beginning. I was expecting you to wake up, and he would actually, I don't know,  teach you about what's going on."

Isa only shrugged, "It fits his character perfectly to just leave me in the dark," She said with a shake of her head, "I mean, I am grateful for what he's done for me, but at the same time, I'm so irritated, because I was so excited to see him when I woke up, and he was shocked, yes, but excited to see me too-or so I thought. I was thinking maybe we could start off on a good hand. He told me about him owning and directing a daycare, and he never opens up to me, so I figured it was a good start to a good day, you know? Am I being a bitch, leaving him after he took care of me for so long?"

"No, you're not." Nicole sighed, tapping her fingers against the leather of the steering wheel of her tiny red sports car, "I would have been upset way sooner than you were if I was in your position.  He wasn't always like he is now, though." She told Isa quietly, "I mean, he's always been a bit severe, but something terrible happened to him. I thought you... him saving your life would bring him back to the Adrian we all used to know."

"He can't stand me, Nic," Isa sighed, "How in the hell would him saving my life-me his biggest headache- change him into whoever this guy is you said he used to be? I hate to tell you, but there's no way that's going to happen."

Nicole Lew took in what Isaline had said, then mulled over it for the rest of the ride, as Isa sat with her head pressed to the window, shocked at how enhanced everything was. She wondered what her vision was, because before when she was human, it was 20/20, but now? It was like having a whole new set of eyes. It was amazing.

"Adrian is demanding I bring you back," Nicole murmured, pulling Isa out of her mesmerized mulling, "He didn't think you'd really leave."

"I'm not going back," Isa muttered crossing her arms over her chest.

Nicole only chuckled, shaking her head at Isa as the smaller woman glared out at the windshield, attitude seeping from every pore  in her petite body. She was beyond irritated, constantly having to deal with Adrian's up and down mood. As much as she cared for the man, she was finding herself quickly becoming fed up with his antics.

Even as she thought that, she felt a pull, a strong pull, to go back to him, longing for him. She missed him as if she hadn't just seen him twenty minutes prior.

When they finally arrived at Isa's home, she let out a scream of frustration, seeing the black, sexy Harley that she knew could only belong to one man parked just at the steps of her front porch.