19

october 20 2020

october 20 2020

before she knew it, elisa had woken up, 10 minutes before school started and was completely freaking out.

"bye tommy!" elisa exclaimed, hanging up the call tommy was currently on mute for the past few hours.

quickly gathering her stuff together and shoving it into her backpack, she trotted- nearly falling- down the stairs in a rush.

she scooped up the keys from the counter, before pausing with a wince on her face. in her head, she was going back and fourth wether to take her brothers car or not. she didn't have a car of her own because she could usually use her moms car but since both her parents were at work, she had to use the last resort.

elisa sped to the junk drawer and pulled out a sticky-note pad and a pen, then writing 'thank you for letting me take your car, karl, love you <3' before slapping it to the backside of the front door and heading out.

☽☾

"ah, so you finally decided to join us elisa, take a seat" her history teacher, mr. gregory, scolded.

a wild blush spread across her face in embarrassment and she hurried over to the only seat open. there were never really assigned seats which was sometimes a relief and sometimes a nuisance.

a quiet 'psst' could be heard next to her once class resumed and she looked over. today, the unassigned seats were definitely a nuisance.

"what do you want cole" she scrunched her face in disgust.

"aww c'mon, where's my hug at?" he held out his arms with a pouty smirk on his average face. elisa honestly didn't know why all the girls and even some guys swooned over him.

the look of disgust and even slight judgement remained on her face as she spat "i wouldn't hug you even if one hundred-thousand dollars were at stake".

he only scoffed and turned to face the teacher once more. another 'psst' came from her other side causing her to groan.

"what now- oh hi lucas!" she greeted pleasantly, a complete mood switch which made him giggle a bit.

"fancy seeing you here" he leaned forward, resting his elbows on the desk to talk quieter.

"how have i never met you before?" elisa asked incredulously, "everyone gets paired with someone new every day so how have we not-"

"elisa jacobs and lucas randell" mr. gregory announced, having the wheel that decides the partners up on the projector. the class looked over at the two who had clearly already been talking.

"you will be writing on the topic of the vietnam war" the teacher continued.

☽☾

"that was so weird" elisa looked over (and up) at lucas who had been thinking the same thing. currently the two were walking to their 'snack' break side by side to the cafeteria.

"maybe it was because we haven't been partners before?" he queried.

"possibly"

the duo took a seat at an empty table in the back corner of the cafeteria, talking amongst themselves when the sound of another plastic tray sounded against the table.

"hey elisa" georgia greeted in a sickly sweet tone "you gonna introduce me to your boyfriend?" elisa rolled her eyes recalling all the times they had done this before. every single time elisa took remotely any interest in anyone, georgia came along and spread their stupid little rumors about her and ruined it.

"georgia please leave" elisa tried, not wanting to start anything currently.

georgia gave a dangerous look as if to say 'watch your back' before getting up and leaving.

lucas could absolutely tell elisas disliking for the other through her tense nature, and immediately understanding that georgia was not the sweet girl everyone convinced themselves that they knew.

"i- uh sorry about that" she apologized sheepishly, slightly blushing in embarrassment.

"it's alright" he chuckled kindly in understanding.

• VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED •