28

"I love you." sweet words left Mei's mouth as she watched Corpse's expression. His eyes widened faintly before settling back down with a small smile resting on his pink lips.

"You do?" spoke Corpse as he parted his lips in surprise. Mei simply nodded as she averted her gaze away in embarrassment. He reached a hand out, placing it onto the side of her face. Gently turning her head back towards him. Dark brown eyes meeting another set of brown eyes. Before his gaze fell down onto her lips. Mei watched, expectantly. He started to lean in inch by inch, their lips both slightly parted-

Mei shook her head at the scene she had formed inside of her head.

Corpse had ended up staying the night as did Karl so Mei was nervous about what would come in the morning. She had trouble falling asleep but wanted enough sleep so she could act like a hostess for her friends the incoming day.

She laid there listening to quiet tunes that would hopefully put her to sleep but It was no use, even the music couldn't drown out her loud thoughts.

Mei kept thinking of Corpse. Maybe he had gotten himself a significant other with the time they hadn't spent together. She might've been head over heels for a man with a girlfriend. Or maybe he didn't want to get into any sort of relationship.

Was she thinking too far ahead?

Her thoughts were interrupted by clattering coming from inside the house. At first, she had frozen in fear, not daring to make a sound. But found the courage to investigate.

Wrapping a warm fuzzy blanket around her shoulders to keep warm. It was actually quite cold despite the fact it was summer time because of the air conditioning.

The silly thoughts of her being a protagonist in a horror film ran through her head as she tip toed through the hall leading to the kitchen.

Faint footsteps filling her ears before going silent. Mei held her breath as she arrived at the corner that would lead her to her doom. All she had to do was turn the corner and she would find out who or what was responsible for the noise.

"Fuck." a voice muttered quietly. Mei quickly recognized who the voice had belonged to.

She stepped out of her hiding place only to be faced with Corpse, without his mask. The lights had been on and she could see him clearly. He was looking down into his lap where his hands were rested.

"Corpse?" spoke Mei in a worried tone. She saw how Corpse had flinched at the sound of her voice. His dark eyes quickly looking up at her.

"Sorry. I'm fine I just can't sleep." stated Corpse before Mei could ask any questions.

"Oh, I see." hummed Mei as she sat down beside him. She leaned back into the sofa as Corpse watched her silently. "I can't either." added Mei as Corpse sighed

"Any reason why?" asked Corpse, not taking his eyes off of her. Mei's eyes fluttered tiredly before speaking

"Overthinking." shrugged Mei, not sure how she would explain it to him. Corpse made an "ah" sound then turned his attention back onto his fingers. He played with his rings as Mei snuggled into her blanket.

"Do you want to talk?" asked Corpse absently without glancing up at her.

"About what?"