XXXIII.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

The last boat was filled

The last boat was filled. Every civilian and the whole team was aboard the lifeboats. The body of Pietro Maximoff lay next to Clint.
The once floating city was now hurling toward the ground. Luckily Wanda was brought to safety by Visio. The young lady was grief strike by the loss of her twin brother. Her only family.

Tony who was positioned underneath the city sent a full-charged blast into the center.

"Thor on my mark..." Thor stood at the center of the city raising his hammer and summoning lightning awaiting Stark's command.

"NOW!!" Thor slammed his hammer into the core sending the electricity into the ground and destroying the entire city with pieces crashing down into the ocean.

•••••

『THEA』

"Honestly can you try to be responsible for once?"

"I've made attempts..."

"You're her brother she looks up to you—" I heard voices around me but I knew I was unconscious so I was dreaming of course.

I can't seem to ever have a good nap. I couldn't see anything but I could hear two men talking to each other one sounded much older while the other sounded a lot younger but...familiar.

I wanted to know who these two were but I woke up, opened my eyes, and was met with no one but my pillow.

Looking around I noticed I was in my room. Almost forgot how I got here. I got up and left the room and wandered down the halls.

When things died down the group moved upstate to a better HQ, which was a smart choice considering they didn't have the home of operations in bright lights.

Sokovia was turned into a memorial for the city and the lives lost. But many were saved the world is not going extinct. (Yet)

Along with myself, Wanda, Rhodes, Wilson, and The Vision we're recruited onto the team.

"You headed out big guy?" I walked into the living area and saw Romanoff, Barton, and Thor walking up.

"Well yes, but I wanted to wish you all a farewell..." Thor said as I walked up to the three.

"Well looked who crawled out of their cave," Romanoff said being the first to notice me.

"How are you holding up?" Barton asked.

"Decent. The bed is a bit soft..." I said crossing my arms.

"You get used to it eventually." He said giving me a pat on the shoulder.

"It's great to see you, lady Thea as much as I'd like to stay in afraid this day will be my last," Thor said as patted his person looking for something.

"Though I do not how long it will be til our next meeting, as a token of our newfound friendship I give you this rune stone." He hands me a coin-shaped pendant with a symbol engraved in it.

"What does this mean?" I asked eyeing the foreign object.

"Why friendship of course,"

"I wish I had a camera," Romanoff said grinning at us.

"I appreciate your gift... it's been a pleasure," I move to stick my hand out for a handshake.

But instead, he circles his arms around me a entraps me in a bone-crushing squeeze.

"W-What is this?" I questioned struggling to free myself.

"It's a hug..." Barton says as he and Romanoff chuckle amongst themselves.

After what felt like forever I'm released back onto ground level.

"I don't like it," I said glaring at the two who've calmed from their laughter.

"Hilarious, " I said dryly.

"You know what I think a group hug should be in place..." Oh no.

"You're right Clint let's give Thea a warm welcome," Romanoff said smirking.

"I will impale you with this coin."

"Did I hear a group hug?" As if things couldn't get any worst Stark came walking in with Blondie right next to him.

"Alright bring it in, let's not wrinkle the suit either..."

"Not another step." It was too late I was already engulfed in a huge hug to my distaste.

"I hate all of you..."

•••••

『3』

The next day was much better as Thea did not get hugged again especially after she nearly hunted them all down. Clint went home to his family and sadly, it was time for Thor to go.

Though Thea refuses to admit she favored the Asgardian as a friend. But as for today Steve and Natasha we're making their way to the training room.

"You want to keep staring at the wall or do you want to go to work? I mean it's a pretty interesting wall..."

"Thought you and Tony were still gazing into each other's eyes, how do we look?" Romanov said walking alongside Steve as he handed her a tablet.

"Well, we're not the 27 Yankees,"

"We got some hitters," Nat said viewing the list.

"They're good but they're not a team."

"Let's beat 'em into shape..." Walking through the doors they were met with the presence of the rookies, Colonel James Rhodes, Vision, Sam Wilson, and Wanda Maximoff but no Thea...

"Avengers—Where's Thea?"

A/N:
This is the most I've ever been consistent🤭
I might make a new series in the future but who knows🤷‍♀️

863 words