Chapter 38

Liam's POV

Days turned to weeks. And before I knew it, a complete month has already passed.

"Good morning, Prince. You going to the bar later tonight?" Kyle, together with a group of vampires approaching me, asked. I've made quite a few acquaintances ever since I started going to the bar almost everyday to make some drinks.

I told them to stop calling me "Your Highness" because I wasn't very comfortable with the title. They were aghast when I told them to just call me Liam, and they immediately shook their heads and told me that it was too disrespectful.

I did everything I could to convince them, and they made up their own minds to just call me prince. I gave up and let them do as they wished.

"Yup. If I'm not busy with baking some sweets." I smiled and they asked if they could do anything to help but I politely said no.

I was also getting better at baking. A couple of days ago, I made some butter cake and it tasted amazing. I was spending a lot of time in the kitchen, but I didn't let it affect my time gardening and spending some time with my family.

They still didn't know about me and Ryder, and I honestly don't know how to tell them.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard shouts and the heavy thump of feet on the ground just ahead of me. I smiled, knowing what awaited.

I began watching Ryder train the Legion everyday, and I don't want to admit that I liked seeing how his shirt clung to his muscles and sweaty body.

It was too shameful.

"Ah, eye fucking him again I see." I whirled to see Natalie grinning from ear to ear and I flushed at what she said.

"I-I don't know what you're saying." I denied and placed my hands on my heated cheeks.

"Lying is not a good look on you, sweetheart." She joined me on the stone bleachers where I sat, looking down at the training field.

"I'm not-"

"Look! He's taking off his shirt!" Against my better judgement, my head immediately looked at where she was pointing, and saw that Ryder was looking at us with a smirk on his face.

"Natalie!" I glared at her and scolded myself for believing in her, and for giving into temptation. I covered her mouth with my hands and looked back at my shoulders to see if Ryder was still watching.

"Thank me later." Her voice was muffled before she pushed me down the field. My eyes widened and I screamed, but I was caught by strong arms, hard muscles, and a shirtless Ryder who looked down at me with amusement.

"You should've told me you liked seeing me with no shirt on. It can easily be arranged. See?" I swallowed thickly as I looked at his chest and abs. Sweat dripped down the ridge of his muscles and my eyes were wide like an owl's.

"I-I'm muscles." I mentally slapped myself and wished that if the ground lived, it would swallow me whole. I don't even know why I said it, but he was so surprised that he chuckled.

This is so embarrassing. Why do I always embarrass myself in front of him?

The people around us must've heard me because they snorted and tried to hide their laughs as best as they could.

"No, Liam! Say you're thirsty!" Natalie cheered from the bleachers and laughed like a maniac before water descended on her face.

"Oh, sorry. I thought you were asking for water." Kayne smiled at her mockingly before winking at me and dropping the hose. Natalie screamed in frustration and lunged for Kayne, who told the Legion to make sure she doesn't get near him for practice.