chapter 35: something good

We spread throughout the house for a while but ended up all in the living room talking. Hazel and vinchenzo sat in one corner cuddling,Antonio sat in the middle next to me, Luciano sat on the other side of Antonio while Stefano and Alice sat in the other corner cuddling.

it's a little stressful that i can't be so touchy with luciano but it's only for a week i'll be okay. I place my legs across Antonio's legs and sit up on my elbows.

"So Alice, I heard you like violence" I take a sip of water, she smiles before looking at Stefano. "Yes I do,in a way. i don't wanna hurt anyone just because im upset" i snort and alice looks at me confused.

" I'm sorry. I'm just completely different. you can continue it's rude of me to interrupt" her expression moves back to a smile "if someone deserves it i'll go to town,how about you" i smile

"I've killed people because I was bored,well bad people but still out of boredom. there's such a beauty in violence" she nods "exactly! It's so dark yet so beautiful. I think that's why I like stefano." she reaches back and touches his face.

he smiles kissing her cheek "how did someone so sweet and put together like yourself,end up with someone like my brother stefano. you know, unorganized, violent, insanely idiotic." stefano throws a pillow at me and i catch it

she smiles "thank you for the compliments but i'm not as put together as i seem '' same "aren't we all a little messy" she nods "preach it" i hear hazel from behind me.

"preach what" my father stands in the archway "we're all fucked up somehow" i turn my head and hazel is smiling. "hm, alice i'd like to talk to you for a moment in my office,you too niki" i move my legs off of antonio and walk.

turning around, Alice nervously gets up what's her deal. i wait for her to walk up to me. forcing a smile, she walks in front of me and i follow. though she walks with confidence and her head high,her hands are shaking.

Striding a few steps, I walk next to her "you okay?" she looks at me "yes" and nods. I glance down at her hands and then back at her. "Are you sure?" her hands shake more. I stop and place my hands over her own "hey,breathe" she stops walking and takes a deep breath.

"i'm guessing he's gonna give you the 'don't tell your friends that you personally know the literal mafia' talk." her eyebrows furrow "he did the same thing to hazel when she came here,there's a few simple rules to your relationship" she nods

"alright,not so bad" I smile and we walk. making it to the doors of dad's office, I opened them. Alice walks in after me and she takes a seat,so do i.

my father sits at his desk hands folded "okay alice,i'm gonna get to the point. This relationship with Stefano has a few rules." she nods smiling.

"First, we are the mafia. so you cannot tell your friends what we do exactly. You'll simply say that I own a lot of business,hence the money. for Stefano he has a 'degree' in law so he's just a lawyer." she nods

"Secondly, danger comes with this relationship. The only enemies we do have are small gangs thinking they are on the rise. Now even though they are small,these people are still dangerous. The second 'enemy' we have is my ex wife's french mafia, she's getting taken care of. with the mix of these your life will always be at risk" wow way to sugar coat it.

alice swallows hard "don't worry as long as it's known your with us,your safe.'' I reach for her hand giving a small squeeze. "third, we are merciless people,we kidnap,we tourtue, and we kill. along with the drug cartel run by a close friend. we're not the greatest of people'' she shrugs her shoulders.

"the part we're going to need to discuss is the kill and torture. this is not an option you have to okay with it" she nods "that's alright, i-" alice takes a deep breath "i've killed someone before, it was an accident" she presses her lips together and my father smiles tilting his head.