-Chapter 9-

Sorry for not uploading a new chapter, kinda got a little distracted by reading some different stories. And I just needed a little break.

But I can't believe that over 3.5k people have now read my story! Thank you all so much for your support! Love you all! Now on to the chapter!

-The Author

*Beware, mention of weapons and abuse*

####################################

Bucky's POV

When Y/n tells us that she was sent to 'terminate' Nat and I a memory resurfaces in my mind.

It was about two years ago. Nat and I were in a mall (picture above), window shopping. my one hand was full of bags while the other was holding hers. We were enjoying ourselves when I got a faint tingling on my right hip. Right where my unbonded soulmark was. I look around trying to find them.

"Nat, do you feel that?" I ask her quietly. She nods, her eyes scanning the crowd.

"They have to be around here somewhere." I say, pulling her to the edge of the walkway, looking everywhere. When I spot a sniper aiming at us both from the opposite side of the open roof. I push Nat behind me, only thinking of protecting her at any cost. I look back to where the sniper was, but they are gone, and so is the tingle in my soulmark. At the time I hadn't put it together but now as she tells us, I realize what I had missed that was right in front of my eyes.

Nat hugs her from behind, leaning over the bed, and I hug her from the front.

"Doll, that wasn't you fault." I murmur into her ear. She pulls away from me slightly. There is so much pain in her eyes that it breaks my heart that she had to go through all of it.

"B-but it is. I-I almost d-did it. B-but what about your, our, other soulmates? What would they have thought of me? They-they would have n-never forgiven m-me. I-I disobeyed HYDRA, and they-they punished m-me, for n-not finishing the m-mission." Tears fill her eyes and she buries her head into my chest.

" They-they used every possible t-torture method they knew of on-on me. They t-tried everything to get me t-to obey." She looks at me with so much despair in her tear stained face that I start to tear up slightly, but I blinked them away. It will never be her fault! It is solely HYDRA's.

"But it didn't work. S-so they k-kept TRYING! Electrocution, Check! Starvation, Check! Daily beatings and confinement? Check and Check! A-ALL OF THEM!" Her voice sounds so broken. I hear someone behind me sniffle quietly. Anger fills me. How could they do this to such a perfect person.

"B-but I couldn't. I didn't, still don't, know your names, but i still risked my life for you." She sobs into my chest as i rub her back, feeling totally useless and unable to sooth her pain, making my anger grow heated. But I wouldn't let her see that.

"Shh, It's over now, babygirl. We won't let you go back. We will protect you forever." I murmur into her ear, as she sobs harder. Her tears soak through my shirt but I just keep rubbing her back in slow circles, occasionally murmuring reassuring words into her ear. HYDRA will pay for her pain.

I look up to meet the gaze of Nat across from me, she looks angry with a mix of sadness. I look around to the others and see that some of them are beyond raged. Bruce looked a little green but he nodded at me, letting me know that he was in charge. Some of the others looked heart broken. Peter had tears streaming down his face, gripping onto Steve and Tony, as if they were the only thing holding him up. Tony looked concerned for her, his face full of worry. And Steve had a mix of all three on his face.

Her sobs had quieted into a soft, steady rhythm of her breathe against my neck as she clung to me. She fell asleep in between me and Nat, how adorable. Nat pulls away first slowly untangling herself. She slowly makes her way to Bruce and wrapping him in a tight hug, burying her head into his neck.

I slowly move her into laying down on the bed and gently make her hands release my shirt that is balled up in her fists. I chuckle quietly and tuck her in. I look back to the others and Bruce motions for us to go out into the hallway. I brush her hair out of her face and kiss her forehead. Then I pull away and follow the others and quietly shut the door.

In the hallway we stand in a small huddle/circle. No one speaks so I break the silence.

"What are we going to do? Do we even know anything about her?" Peter gulps and timidly says, "A-actually we know her n-name. Y/n L/n, she g-goes to the same school as m-me." 

"Do you know anything else about her?"I ask him.

"W-well, I don't know much, but she sup-p-posedly transferred to my school this year. She tested a grade above her age group. She-she works at a little cafe near the school. And she is super quiet, practically invisible. She gets c-called Freaky Girl because of i-it. B-but I guess that makes sense n-now."He chokes up on his last sentence, as tears fill his eyes. I pull him to me and into a hug.

"Shh, sweetheart. It's okay. We will take care of her." I murmur into his ear as I rub his back.

After a few minutes, he pull away and I look towards the others.I watch as Steve turns to Tony.

"Tones, can you see what you find on Y/n in the database thingy? I can't really work technology." Steve asks Tony, with a hint of shyness in his voice. Tony smiles and grabs his hand, dragging him to the elevator. Bruce and Peter then go back to check on Y/n, leaving Nat and I alone. I sigh.

"We have to figure out how we are going to get her comfortable with us."Nat nods slowly.

"I don't know how, babe. H-how do we fix all that HYDRA has b-broken? Not that she needs that she needs to be fixed, b-but how do we h-help her? And what if she doesn't want help? Then what do we do?" She babbles, her nerves showing in her words. I pull her against my chest, hugging her tightly.

"Calm down, baby. We will figure this out, I promise. But right now she needs you to be strong." The tension in her shoulders slowly melts away as she calms down. She pulls away a couple minutes later.

"Sorry for freaking out." She says looking down ashamed. 

"Oh Doll. Don't worry about it. I love you just the same.' She looks up and smiles with a cute little blush on her cheeks.

"I lo-"Bruce interrupts us by opening the door.

"Umm, we need some help."He says, then I hear Y/n scream in fear and pain. Nat and I rush into her room, pushing past Bruce. I see Y/n thrashing on the bed and flinching at something that we can't see. She is trembling and her breathing is unsteady.

"What the hell is going on?!" I ask, fear and concern fill my voice. Bruce shrugs and shakes his head.

"Nightmare I think. We can't wake her up. We've tried everything." She screams again the sound piercing my heart.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. get Steve and Wanda down here now. Tell them that it is urgent. They should know what to do." Y/n is whimpering and trembling, curled into a protective ball, arms shielding her face.

A minute later Steve and Wanda burst into the room looking extremely concerned, with a Tony close on their heels.They take in the situation and immediately get to work, wordlessly communicating.

Steve sits so that her head is now in his lap as he strokes her hair murmuring calming words into her ear, as Wanda tries to draw her out of her nightmare. At first she shrieks at the physical touch but eventually her shrieks and whimpers quiet and she calms down.

Steve shifts just a little bit and her eye fly open.

#########################

Oop, cliffhanger! I'm starting to get why authors do it so often. It's kinda fun, ngl! 

You'll have to wait for the next upload! Yep I totally suck at schedules but sorry!

You all are awesome and amazing! Take care of yourselves and drink water today! Authors orders! Love you all!❤❤❤

-The Author