Chapter 2: Getting Ready

It's several hours later, and Vera finally starts getting ready for the premiere.

Because of the pandemic, the premiere doesn't have any press or pictures. So everyone gets ready on their own.

Over in Patrick's room, he's taking a nap completely unaware that he needs to leave in just over an hour.

Back in Vera's room, she's going for a natural makeup look. Vera's always thought she was good at makeup, but she knew she was no makeup artist.

Vera is able to pick out casual, but nice clothes since she won't need to look good for press.

Before she starts her hair, she calls Patrick. The phone rings three or four times before he picks up.

He very groggily says, "Hello?"

"Hey, um-" she pauses. "Were you just asleep?"

"Yeah, why?"

Vera realizes that her quick, "what are you wearing" call had turned into his personal alarm.

"Well we have to be there in about 40 minutes, and it takes about 20 to get there..."

"Oh shit. Well I better get ready."

"Yeah, probably." Vera says as she laughs.

"Well um, since we're at the same hotel, do you want a ride over?" Patrick asks.

"Yeah, sure. I'll meet you in your room assuming I'll be ready before you." She says playfully.

Patrick chuckles through the phone. "Okay. Text me when you're coming, and I'll prop the door open for you."

"Okay, cool. See you soon, Wilson!" Vera says excitingly.

"Okay." He laughs. "See you then, Farmiga."

He hangs up in a rush and darts to the shower, completely forgetting he had already showered today.

"Oh well. At least I'll smell good and look clean near Vera" he impulsively thought. He stops in his tracks after he had processed what he had just thought.

Vera starts flat ironing her hair. It doesn't take her long, so she's ready ten minutes sooner than she thought.

Vera grabbed everything she needed, texted Patrick, and left her room.

Patrick sees her text message as he's standing in front of the bathroom mirror, in a towel combing his hair.

"Oh shit." He thought.

He quickly grabs a pair of boxers to put on to prop the door open.

As he starts the prop the door, Vera reaches for the handle on the other side. Patrick panics in his boxers, but Vera opens the door before he could think of anything.

They blankly stare at each other for a few seconds before Patrick breaks the silence with an awkward laugh.

"Oh god, Patrick!" Vera says jokingly as she covers her eyes.

"I'm sorry! I didn't think you'd be here so quickly." He says while nervously laughing.

"Patrick, it's fine." Vera laughs as she uncovers her eyes and starts to walk in.

"I'll go put some clothes on. I'll be ready in five minutes." Patrick's says as he scurries off to the bathroom.

Vera sits on the couch and finds herself quietly laughing about what had just happened.