Epilogue One

Amara's POV

"Are you nervous?" Melissa asked me, circling around my dress and checking the bottom

"No," I responded, "okay, maybe," I chuckled.

"Don't be," she smiled, "Luca's good for you, he's nice."

I laughed, "he really is, isn't he?"

"Mhm, he's nothing like Derek though."

I rolled my eyes. Melissa and Derek have been dating since the beginning of this year, just after Luca and I got engaged.

"You guys really are in love, huh?" I asked, stepping down off of the stool.

She let out a dreamy sigh, and I chuckled at her over dramatic fall on the bed.

"He's perfect," she told me.

"It's Derek, he's got many flaws," I said, fixing my hair in the mirror.

"Yeah, but he's amazing."

I rolled my eyes again, inviting the person in who knocked on the door.

"Wow, Amara you look- beautiful." Derek said to me, kissing me on the cheek and glancing at my dress.

"Luca is going to be begging at his knees for you," he said, and I chuckled, patting his arm as he walked over toward Melissa.

"Doesn't she look wonderful," she said, giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

Derek smiled, "yes she does."

He checked the clock on the wall, and widened his eyes.

"You ready?" He asked, extending his arm toward mine.

"I am," I smiled, taking his arm and walking out of the room.

✻ ✻ ✻

"Fuck, this is nerve racking." I whispered to Derek and he laughed.

"You'll do fine," he smiled down at me, squeezing my arm tightly.

"I know," I whispered, taking a deep breath.

"Ready?" He said once the music started to play on the other side of the doors.

I nodded and he opened them, revealing a room of people standing, waiting for me to walk through.

It felt like my heart stopped when I walked with Derek at my arm, my eyes on one person, and one person only.

Luca

He stood tall, his hands crossed in front of him, a suit fitting around his body perfectly.

I watched as his chest rose and fell, his eyes trailing over my body as he watched me carefully, his eyes never leaving mine.

✻ ✻ ✻