xcii

Tuesday morning, the covers were ripped off of Madeleine by none other than Lizzie, the latter who couldn't handle the excitement of dress shopping and wanted to leave the flat as soon as humanly possible. Begrudgingly, Maddie got out of bed and got ready for the day before leaving the flat with her two best friends who were more animated about dresses than the actual bride to be. "You know, you never told us who the maid of honor is," Alicia said as they neared the dress shop where they were to meet the rest of the wedding planning committee.

"It's because I didn't choose a maid of honor-"

"But you must have one! It's tradition!" Lizzie exclaimed.

"I'm really not in the mood to choose between the two of you so you can be co-maids of honor or whatever, I really don't care," Maddie shrugged.

"Seriously?" said the other two girls in unison.

"Yeah, whatever let's just get this over with please," Maddie groaned, opening the door the the dress shop.

Everyone was already there, much to her displeasure. Her mother and grandmother, both of her aunts, Molly, Ginny, Hermione and Fleur who was holding Victoire in her arms. "You're late," Cressida said sternly.

"It's dress shopping, not a meeting with the Queen," Maddie rolled her eyes and took a seat.

"Looks like we have a cranky bride," Andromeda chuckled.

"Well, I'm sleep deprived, I'm not allowed to see Fred, because of all of these stupid details I have to stay late in the café everyday," Maddie huffed, "and have I mentioned that I'm not allowed to see my fiancé?"

"Get over it, by Saturday it will all be over and you have your entire life to spend as much time with Fred as you want," Ginny winked.

"Thankfully," Madeleine muttered.

"Welcome, welcome," said a woman dressed all in black as she shook mamie's hand, "Mrs Archambeau it is so lovely to see you again!"

"Thank you, you too," Mamie smiled.

"So who is the bride?" asked the woman.

"My granddaughter Madeleine," Mamie said proudly and placed her hand on top of the blonde's. "Isn't she a beauty?"

"Definitely Mrs Archambeau," she said and shook Maddie's hand, "nice to meet you, I'm Rosalie and I will be helping you find your perfect dress!"

"Nice to meet you too," Maddie fake smiled, "do you happen to have alcohol in this place?"

"Madeleine, manners," Cressida said through gritted teeth.

"Not to worry, the champagne will be flowing until we find the perfect dress," said Rosalie, "what is it that you are looking for in the dress?"

"I want something simple-"

"Nonsense Madeleine, no granddaughter of mine is marrying in a simple dress," mamie scoffed. "You know my taste Rosalie so try to bring some that is up to my standards please."

"Right away Mrs Archambeau," Rosalie said and went to the back

"I think that what we all should do is pick a dress or two each so that Madeleine could try on and see different styles and tastes!" Narcissa beamed.

"I quite agree with you Narcissa, that way there could be even more options from where to choose the perfect one!" Molly added.

"How exciting!" Lizzie said happily.

"It's exciting for you!" Maddie groaned, "I would be having to try on tens of dresses and I really just want something simple and get this over with!"