Chapter 39 - Party

Daemon POV

Matias wasn't kidding when he said Sam's parties were wild. This was absolutely insane.

She had scheduled the party for the next week and had immediately started getting things ready. The whole pack was getting things ready the entire week. Matias and I weren't allowed to do anything besides the guest list. I was practically barricaded in our room so I wasn't allowed to see anything that was going on, and Matias just rolled his eyes anytime Sam peeked her head in to make sure I was still up here. It was almost like being on house arrest. Or grounded.

Matias spent most of the party prep time sending out the invites, among other things, since we weren't allowed to help at all. Jamie also spent time with us in our room, playing video games and board games and anything else to keep himself and us occupied. It was fun, nonetheless.

But when the date of the party finally came and I was allowed back downstairs and out into the open... Words could not describe what Sam had done to the place.

Fairy lights were everywhere. Hung in trees around the Packhouse, off the tables that held mounds of food, on the deck, on the house itself, everywhere. Lanterns provided more lights, sitting on the railings of the deck and placed on branches of trees. The tables holding the insane amount of food all had decorative tissue placed on them in varying shades of blue, purple, and black (Some of them were sparkly too.) The food consisted of just about everything I could think of. Barbeque, steak, chicken, fish, fruit trays, vegetable trays, platters, and towers of desert foods such as cupcakes, different assortments of bars, cake, and pastries. The main dessert food though was the cake that sat on its own table. It was covered though and I wasn't allowed to see it. Which in my opinion was stupid because apparently, it was my own cake. Why couldn't I see my own cake?

"Ruins the surprise," was Sam's answer.

When I had stepped out on the deck, a roar of cheers sounded, and I was taken aback. Matias chuckled from behind me, placing his hands on my shoulders. I glanced back at him, surprise and confusion racing through me.

"All for you, love. They're welcoming you into the pack." Matias leaned down, whispering into my ear. The crowd of people, which was a lot of people, had stopped cheering but were still talking, which was quite loud. I could also hear squealing children, laughter, and playful screams. I smiled as I looked out at the crowd, everyone was happy, everyone was here for...me.

I spun around, crashing into Matias's chest. I wrapped my arms around him, standing up on my tip-toes and burying my face in his neck.

"Thank you," I mumbled, holding back the happy tears that were threatening to spill from my eyes.

"There is no need," Matias said back, his hands falling to my waist, holding me close.

"This is your night, and everyone is here to celebrate it with you. We are all happy that you are back, and that you're joining us. For good," He smiled and met my gaze as I pulled away from his neck, "Me especially." I couldn't help the one tear that escaped my eye and trailed down my cheek. He leaned forward and kissed it away, then kissed my other cheek, and then, with a smile on his face, kissed my lips. I closed my eyes and leaned into him, moving my arms to wrap around his neck. We broke apart after a few seconds, resting our foreheads against each other with our eyes closed, just breathing in each other's scent. Despite the loud party behind me, it felt like this was our own moment, and that nobody else was around. But that obviously came to an end very quickly, when a certain tall woman came flying at us at breakneck speed.

"DAEMON!" Sam screeched as she flung herself onto me, almost tackling me into the glass doors if it weren't for Matias steading us. I burst out laughing as Sam slung her arm over my shoulder, her chest rising and falling rapidly as if she had just run a marathon. Her eyes were sparkling with joy and happiness as she looked between me and Matias.

"Didn't break up a moment, did I?" She asked, smiling cheekily at Matias. Matias rolled his eyes and raised a hand to ruffle her hair, but she ducked out of the way, pulling me with her. I laughed as my mate scoffed and Sam laughed, dragging me off the deck.

"Come on, let's party!" She shouted, looking back at Matias with a smile as wide as the sun. Matias just rolled his eyes again before following us, grabbing my other hand and letting Sam drag us along.

___

Matias POV

If I could have, I wouldn't have spent my entire night here. As much as I enjoyed the party and talking to people, I would much rather cuddle in bed with my mate, getting to know each other better. But sadly, I had to introduce him to the other packs, and the whole Luna ceremony had to be down at some point too. The Luna ceremony wouldn't be tonight though, that would really just be a small thing we could do on our own with my mom. Speaking of her, she was here somewhere. I'm surprised she hadn't found us yet.

Even if I couldn't spend the night in bed with Daemon, I was still having fun. I talked only when I had to, and the rest of the time was spent staring lovingly at my mate, who had a huge smile on his face the entire night. His eyes sparkled with joy, and every few seconds or so those eyes were on me and he would give my hand a squeeze. Sam pulled us along for most of the night, and occasionally I would stop and talk to a friend or another Alpha. They congratulated me, slapping me on the shoulders and telling me about the ride I was in for. I would just roll my eyes and laugh, Daemon lightly slapping my arm beside me when he wasn't being dragged around by Sam.

It was fun all and all, seeing old friends and finally getting to introduce him to other packs as my mate. To watch him as he made friends with other lunas, the ladies all fawning over him and telling him if he ever needed help they would be there. It filled my heart with so much love to see him making friends and bonding. Smiling and laughing like all the shit that had happened hadn't even happened. To see the happiness in his eyes and wide smile, the way he interacted with everyone like this was totally normal for him, despite the fact that I knew he wasn't much of a people person. Jamie found us eventually too, which led to Daemon being pulled off to play with the little kids. I watched him be pulled away by the little boy who was half his height, with a smile on his face and a laugh spilling out of his lips. The people we were talking with laughed too, swatting me on the arm and asking me if that was our kid. I shook my head, watching as they disappeared in the crowd.

"Not yet," was all I replied with.

I stood and talked with that group for a little while longer before moving to the next. I had only been talking to the new group of people, which consisted of a few Alphas and their Lunas before one of my border patrol warriors was talking to me through the pack link.

"Alpha, we caught a lady trying to sneak in through the woods." I sighed and one of the Alphas asked me if I was ok. I nodded, excusing myself from the group and walking back up to the house. I stepped inside, the door closing behind me and immediately the noise of the party dimmed.

"Do you know who it is?" I asked, and the answer I got back chilled me. Of all nights, it just had to be tonight.

"She claims to be your mate's mother."

Matias POV? Wow, haven't done that in a while.