24 | japan women's basketball

TWENTY-FOUR. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

the room was eerie, no one dared utter a word as the three basketball players walked inside.

heterochromatic eyes scanned the small crowd, in search of the person in charge.

one of the players in the crowd shivered involuntarily at the highfalutin air that surrounded the three niiyama girls.

"seinaru!" inko shimura called happily, emerging from the group.

the basketball players behind her were slightly intimidated by the big three's sudden appearance, and it showed. one of them was even trembling in her shoes.

they were all in casual wear, most of them were just in shirts, a pair of loose shorts, shoes and others were in slides.

hanuka and ichigo blinked, scanning their new teammates' appearance with extreme scrutiny.

"inko-san." seinaru greeted as the coach approached her.

"sorry we're late." ichigo finally tore her eyes away from the small group, looking at her coach. "malls in tokyo hit diff'."

inko smiled knowingly, "of course."

she then looked back at the rest of the japan team that were all waiting expectantly behind her. "oh before i forget. here are your teammates."

"girls, introduce yourselves." she prodded.

the one at the front nodded, she looked very chirpy, standing at the height of 5'5, she was probably the shortest, with short curly dark purple hair and black eyes.

"i'm ainsley jordan!" she chirped, waving. "i'm eighteen, and i'm the swingman— number five, see?"

the three nodded at her, hanuka smiling lightly in recognition of the swingman she once competed with in the nationals.

"are you japanese?" ichigo asked. "i've been wanting to ask that since forever."

jordan shook her head, "oh, no."

she pointed at herself with a proud smile, "my family migrated here in tokyo when i was young, i'm of japanese nationality now, but not by blood, i'm actually aussie."

ichigo nodded, smiling, "oh, cool."

the girl just grinned, and then the next one was up.

it was a girl who had black and blue hair in a pixie cut. she had dark gray eyes, and a piercing look on her face. she fell on the hight of 5'8, most likely.

"mirai nozomi, eighteen. small forward." she looked both ichigo and hanuka with piercing gray eyes, but shied away with red cheeks when she tried to eye seinaru. "i.. i wear jersey number six."