Heartless - Felix

You never deserved him in the first place. How did he even come to love you? How could he stay with someone so broken and scared? Yet still, you were the happiest you've ever been since he came into your life.

Lee Felix. Even his name brung a smile to your face. You thought loving again was impossible, especially after what happened with your abusive ex boyfriend…

Bad memories. Horrifying memories that haunted you every night, every day, and every second of every hour. You've never been the same, and relationships now felt like you were simply a puppet for the other to control and use to their desire. He convinced you that what he did was out of love, and that you were the one not showing it back. So you agreed out of fear, wishing that he'd let you go if you followed his rules just a little longer.

You got away from him, eventually… But your heart was no longer there. He took it, or actually, you gave it to him when you thought he could've been trusted. It was stabbed, ripped apart, shredded, and disposed of, as if it meant nothing. 

Oh how you begged that the empty spot inside of you would heal and grow back to its former state. Unfortunately, getting over such a wretched and painful relationship wasn't that simple. The scars he left on your mind had done much more than the ones he left on your body. But you were certain that every ounce of your longing for love had been washed away in the ocean of tears you've shed.

Love. It seemed so easy to share, to take a part of you and hand it to another. It used to be that way for you.

When meeting Felix, he was already a bright and cheerful boy. So innocent, sweet, and caring. Yet you still cowered under his presence, refusing to let yourself be open to a man ever again.

As time ticked by, he only showed the same and warm side from the beginning. There wasn't any fakeness in his smile, laugh, words, and actions. If he did something, he meant it from the kindness within him. You knew that. You knew he was a good person. And somehow, somehow, you grew and felt that tug of a string when seeing him. The little sign that said, 'don't you remember this feeling?'.

Yes, you did. Very clearly in fact. But remembering such a nostalgic and pleasant memory only made it worse when recalling the disturbing events that came after it.

So you ignored it. You left those emotions to rot, and hopefully they would, except… they didn't. They really didn't. Instead, they stayed, and became louder and more attached.

Until one day, just thinking about Felix made your palms sweat, your face flush—and possibly, though you won't admit it—your heart race. It seemed unreal to you that he was able to cause all of that. And only him, did your eyes always turn to.

Never in a million years, did you expect him to confess and ask you to be his girlfriend. You were hesitant. Should you take his hand that was held out to you? Everything in your body was screaming to reject him, even if you really wanted to say yes. In the end, you grabbed onto the chance, and gave him the little trust you had left.

From then on, it all seemed to get better.

He showed you what true love was like. He tried his best to understand your perspective and emotions so he wouldn't hurt you in any way. Nothing he did made you uncomfortable. It all sounded like the relationship you've always wanted, and it was. It made you wonder how you could go from abused and controlled to cared for and loved. You had so much fun with him, more than you ever had with anyone else. Please, could this happiness last for eternity while you still live and breathe in this world?

The answer was no.

You drifted away from each other. Neither of you really spoke anymore and if someone were to break the silence, it'd always be him. It wasn't his fault. It could never be his fault when you were the problem. Why? What happened? It was going so well until… fear. Fear took over you and you lost control over it, once again...