Chapter 26: She was playing the Joan of Arc

****

(Idk why but this reminded me of Alessandro and Serenity, so I had to put it up)

***

"Its time." Simone Vitali came to inform his cousin.

Alessandro and Serenity were relaxing in the apple orchard behind the mansion.

Alessandro gave a curt nod, "I will be there."

Serenity looked at him confused.

"Are you going somewhere?"

"Yes, love. Now let's get you back to your room. The wind is chilling."

"I thought you said, you wouldn't let me out of your sight." Serenity teased shyly.

"Hmm." Alessandro leaned towards her as she moved back and a sly smirk tugged up on his face.

"Should I do that?"

Serenity blushed and pushed his chest to create space between them.

"No, silly. You do not have to babysit me."

"Come." He forwarded his hand and she took it with no hesitation.

Alessandro remembered the times when she used to flinch and jump at his every word and move. It was a big improvement, she was getting comfortable with him. His stone cold heart swelled at the thought.

He didn't tell her that it was the day he was going to give his verdict at the girl who dared to hurt his little flower. And he knew he wouldn't shower an inch of mercy for this vicious act.

He bend over a little to place a kiss on her forehead like always. It was a silent adieu because he could never let the word slipped out of his mouth. Goodbyes don't exist for him when it comes to Serenity.

"Come back soon... and safe" Serenity said, fidgeting with the hem of her sleeves.

"Do not go out of the house love, There is a thunderstorm brewing this late morning."

Serenity frowned and looked out of her window. Indeed there were dark clouds hovering across the sky.

She nodded obediently.

Alessandro once again gave her an look all over to ensure she was fine and healthy.

Serenity giggled, "Now, Go Alessandro. I am good."

"Call me if you need anything and I mean "anything" love."

"Fine." She drawled.

The soft look on his face disappeared once he closee door behind him. Simone was waiting around the corner of the hallway. Alessandro nodded at him.