~ Thirty ~

Saturday 16th November 2019

"Mum"

"Mum."

"Muuuum."

A prodding to my arm and a whispering voice woke me. I opened my eyes slightly, expecting it to be bright, but was taken aback when it was still dark.

"Hey sweetie, what's wrong?" I went to reach my arm out towards him, but was restricted by Harry's heavy arm wrapped around me.

"I had a nightmare..."

"Oh baby, you're safe here, do you want me to come upstairs with you?" I carefully started lifting Harry's arm off me, making him let out a huff in his sleep and tighten his arm around me again.

"No, I want to stay here with you." Cor started to cry, this nightmare clearly done a number on him.

"Okay baby, come on in then. You'll have to get in this side though." I patted the space in front of me, watching as he climbed up into the bed, settling in by my side. Hopefully Harry doesn't mind that Cor is in the bed, but this is just what happens when you're a parent.

"Mum?"

"Yes sweetheart?" The pair of us still whispering, careful not to wake the sleeping man child behind me.

"Is Harry your boyfriend?" I pulled my head back a little, gasping when I accidentally bumped into Harry's face. He shot up, his hand covering his mouth.

"Ow! What the fuck." I turned my head to look at his sitting form behind me.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to head but you. Oh my god, are you ok? Is it bleeding?" Cormac was now sat up too, looking at Harry with wide eyes.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm alright, was just a shock is all." He turned to look at me, a surprised look taking over is features as he noticed Cor. "Everything okay? What's going on?"

"He had a nightmare, he wanted to stay in here, I'll take him up to bed if it's too weird for you." He shook his head, moving to sit on the edge of the bed.

"No no, this is your house, I'll go upstairs to the guest room if you need me to. I don't want to disrupt your usual, oh I don't even know, your routine? I don't know what I'm saying. Ignore me. I'll g-"

"No! You need to keep us safe! Please don't leave us!" Cormac climbed over me, latching on to Harry before he could stand up. My chest constricted in the shear fear in Cormac's voice, this nightmare has really affected him.

I watched as Harry turned slightly, reaching his arm around to pat Cor's back.

"Okay mate, you're ok. I won't let anything happen to you and your mum, yeah?" Cormac nodded, loosening his grip. "Come on then, let's go back sleep."

Cor climbed back over my legs, settling down in front of me, whilst Harry lay back down behind me, his arm snaking around my waist once more. Within minutes Cor had fallen back asleep, soft snores coming from him.

"Bub?" I whispered, wanting to see if he was still awake.

"Hmm?"

"Thank you for being so understanding and not being scared off." His head moved closer to mine, his lips being placed on the back of my head leaving a few kisses.

"I'll always be understanding when it comes to you and Cormac. No need to thank me bubs." He left a few more kisses on the back of my head and my shoulder before nestling in to my back, steady breaths coming only a minute later. It wasn't long before I joined them in a peaceful slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Be good for Auntie Phoebs and Uncle Noah, yeah?"

"I will mum. I'm always good." He gave me a smug smirk before walking down the steps towards Noah's car.