Chapter 3: The Premiere Party

Once Patrick finishes getting ready, he walks out to where Vera has been patiently sitting, and does a spin for her.

"How do I look?" Patrick asks cutely.

"You look charming, Wilson."

Patrick notices her blushing and doesn't skip a beat to reach out his hand in front of her.

She cups her hand onto his and stands.

Patrick places a delicate kiss on her soft hands.

"M'Lady" He says.

"Oh why thank you." Vera says in an elegant voice.

They smile at each other for a moment. Time seems to stop.

Vera lets go of Patrick's hand and puts out her left arm, inviting Patrick to link arms with her.

"Are we ready?" She asks.

"Ready, as always." He says as they link arms.

When they go out to the parking garage near Wilson's car rental, he clicks the button on his keys to unlock the car.

"No way. Is that the car you rented?" Vera asks.

"Yeah. Why?" Patrick asked confusingly.

"I rented the same car."

"You did not!" Patrick says surprised.

"Yeah, you're right. I didn't." Jokes Vera very monotone.

They look at each other for a moment before they both burst out into laughter. Patrick lightly pushes her and laughs. "Get in the car."

Vera gets in, but is slightly surprised he didn't open the door for her. But this didn't bother her long.

Patrick turns on the radio and 80's light rock music plays. They'd listened to music together before, so he knew she liked this music.

Patrick's starts singing with the music.He gives Vera "the look" and she sings along. They talk a little in the car, and then they start singing again.

They arrive at the theatre for the cast and crew private screening. As they walk in, they talk about how excited they are to see everyone again.

Patrick's opens the door for Vera.

"There he goes." Vera sarcastically thought to herself.

They walk into the theatre a few minutes late, so everyone else is already there. Vera goes and hugs almost everyone she sees, and Patrick hugs a few people, but mostly sticks to handshakes.

Patrick and Vera find each other again before Michael gives a speech to everyone.

After his speech, everyone finds a seat. Patrick and Vera sit next to each other.

The movie starts.

They slowly start sitting closer and closer to each other as the movie continues.

"There's a scary scene coming up!" Vera whispers to Patrick.

"Do you need to hold my hand?" He asks, mocking her in a baby voice.

"Oh be quiet." She says, while somehow managing to slide closer to him.

As the scene tenses up, Vera slowly starts wrapping her hands around Patrick's muscular bicep, with the side of her face brushing up against his shoulder.

The jump-scare happens. Patrick jumps just a little, while Vera's body leaves her soul.

"Oh my god!" She says while laughing into Patrick's armpit.

Patrick laughs at how adorable she is. "You okay there?" he says while still laughing. Vera looks at Patrick and deeply exhales in relief. Patrick smiles and kisses her on the head.

The movie is over and everyone starts to clap and chat amongst themselves for a few minutes until Michael calls everyone over to see the cake. The cake had vanilla buttercream frosting, with a surrounding border of red frosting, "THE CONJURING 3:" written in yellow icing, and "The Devil Made Me Do It" in black icing. There's a cast and crew picture also on the cake. James and Michael cut the cake together.

Vera and Patrick talk to James while he cuts the cake. The two get their slice of cake, and move out of the way.

Patrick takes a bite first. "Hmmm. This is good."

Vera dips her index finger in her cake's frosting.

"Hey Patrick!" She says evilly excited.

"Yeah?" He sees the frosting on her finger. She smirks. Before he can even get out the phrase "oh no", she rubs the frosting on his nose.

They both laugh.

"Oh you're so dead!" Patrick says while gathering more frosting than Vera on his thumb.

"Come at me, Wilson." Vera confidently says.

He smudges the frosting on her forehead.

He laughs at the sight of the glob of frosting on her forehead. She stares at him, while laughing in shock. She takes a little bit of her forehead frosting off with her finger and licks it.

"Still edible!" She says.

Patrick wheezes.

Vera laughs while asking, "What?" She didn't think it was that funny.

"Just... oop!- still edible!" He says while daintily mocking her motions.

They keep laughing for a little while longer. They both kind of forgot that they weren't alone, until they could feel a few people looking over at them.

Once the party started to die down a little and a few people started to leave; Vera asks Patrick, "You're taking me back to the hotel, right?"

"No?" He jokingly said. "You better start walking if you want to be back by ten."

"Well I wish you would have told me this, or I would have brought my walking shoes with me." She says, going along with the joke.

Patrick clenches his jaw and breaths in. "Well, tough luck I guess."

They lock eyes and lightly laugh.

They slowly start saying their goodbyes before they leave. When they get outside, it's raining.

"Oh man, I have to walk in this weather!" Vera jokes.

"Well... I guess I could gift you a ride."

"Oh good!"

Patrick takes off his blazer and holds it over his head. "Here. Get under." He says to Vera. She gets close to Patrick and wraps her arm around his waist as they run to his car, laughing.

"Hey." Patrick says as he starts the engine. "I don't know about you, but that cake is the only thing I've eaten in a while. Do you want to go to dinner? My treat."

"Yeah, of course! I'll never pass on a free dinner." She says jokingly.

Patrick laughs. "Where do you want to go?"

She pauses. "Surprise me."

"Okay... famous last words."

Vera giggles.