Chapter 26: Feeling Better

I cried and cried. I felt the sadness slowly drifting away and my heart felt lighter with every tear that dropped.

"Thank...you" I whispered between my quiet sobs. He just kept patting my head, not letting me go.

"Don't thank me lil sis, I'm just doing my job" He says softly. I broke the hug and wiped away the remaining tears on my cheek.

"That wasn't so bad now was it?" He asks as I shook my head no in response.

"Then you'll tell me every time you feel sad or need comfort?" He asks me, raising a brow. I look down with a thinking expression.

"Why is it something you have to think about? the answer should be obvious!" He says, a bit annoyed.

"Fine then i'll call for help every time i need it" I say knowing i will always be able to keep it locked inside.

It's extremely hard sometimes but not impossible which means I don't really need help right? I can't even if I want to, I'll just become weak and vulnerable again which will hurt me in the future. 'It felt good having comfort but it was only a one time thing' i tell myself.

"That's my girl," Hunter says as he pats my head, making me giggle.

"I'll be downstairs if you need me" He says as he stands up while walking towards the door.

"Also i forgot to give you this" he says as he grabs a pillow and throws it at my face.

"That's for not trusting me enough to open up" he says laughing as he runs out the room like he's being chased, which i was about to do but didn't have the energy for.

I feel relieved that he has gone back to the annoying brother he was before. He was kind of freaking me out with the sudden kindness.

I lay back on my bed feeling like I'm about to pass out from exhaustion. Within just a few second my eyes fall down as I fall asleep with my back resting on the bed while my legs still dangle down the edge

------------------------------------------

My eyes slowly open as I feel a slight tug on my shoulder.

"Miss. Alvarez" I hear miss.Lobez call out.

"Miss.Lopez it's you" I say groggily while yawning.

"Yes dear, your brothers told me to inform you that dinner is ready" She explains.

"I'm sorry miss.Lopez but i'm way too tired right now so I think I'll just skip dinner tonight" I mumble with half open eyes.

"But you haven't even changed clothes since coming back home, and you're not even laying properly on your bed. Oh dear, are you feeling alright?" She asks, concerned.

"Yeah i just need some rest and i'll be right back on my feet tomorrow morning" I answer back now turning so that i lay on my stomach down.

As I'm still too tired to crawl forward, my legs remain slightly in the air on the edge of the bed. I heard her exit the room as I fell back into my sleep. I then wake up with someone again shaking me.

"Please just let me sleep" I whine with closed eyes as the person shaking me continues. I try shaking the person of me with no luck.

"Stop being a baby and get your ass downstairs" I hear Zach say annoyed.

"I can't move, I'm so tired" I whine again.

"Either you get up or I'll carry you downstairs myself" He says, sounding like he is about done with me.

The day was long though and my energy was drained to nothingness. As he keeps complaining I feel myself again for the 100'th time start to fall asleep.

I suddenly feel getting liften in the air as my head hangs upside down off Zach's shoulder.

"You're such a handful you know that" I hear Zach complain as i just groan in annoyance. My eyes are still closed as Zach makes his way to the dining hall with me hanging from his shoulder.

"Hell- oh what is going on there?" Julian asks surprised as he sees Zach and a very tired me approaching the table.

"Zach, what did you do this time?" I hear Enzo ask like he's not surprised.

"What I didn't do a thing! she's just acting like a total brat" Zach explains with irritation.

"Is she feeling alright?" Noah asks in a concerned but calm voice. I then feel getting dropped off at, what I assume is my seat.I slowly open my eyes and see all of my brothers present at the table except Xavier.

"Wh-where's Xavier?" I ask between my yawns.

"I think I heard him talking on his phone so he's probably gonna come after that" Hunter says while cutting up his potatoes. Not even 5 seconds later Xavier comes in and sits down at his usual seat at the head of the table.

"So Aria, How was your first day of school?" He asked with a cold voice. 'Shit, he knows!' is all that came to mind.