Wattpad Original
There are 38 more free parts

anger

noun ~ a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure or hostility 

The room fell silent and I nodded my head nervously. Phoenix shifted in his chair, the leather creasing under his weight.

Cel suddenly came forwards, her curiosity getting the better of her. I hummed but allowed her through so she could study this brother of hers.

Do you feel what I feel? I asked.

She grumbled, and we watched as his eyes glowed with the presence of his wolf too. They observed each other for a moment, the tension between them was unmistakable.

Cel began to back away and huffed. I believe him.

"How did you find me?" I found myself asking. "After all these years?"

He paused for a moment, his fingers curling his hair behind his ear. "It's a long story..."

I huffed, leaning back and crossing my arms. "I've already been told I'm a Lycan what else could it possibly be?"

His eyes danced with amusement as he watched me, a small smirk gracing his features. "How about a curse?"

I froze, my breath hitching in my throat at the serious response. A curse? I was cursed? How could I be cursed? Curses were real things?

"What?" I eventually gasped.

"You're cursed." He chuckled. "Let me explain. When we were toddlers, our family was attacked by Rogues and Hunters. They wanted our blood, of course, and were determined to do anything to get it. They stormed our grounds and demanded our family went with them. Our parents and grandparents denied them, since using our blood would grant them freedom in the sense that they could never be sick, or die from injury. They burned our house and land to the ground, with us still inside. Our father stayed behind to fight until his dying breath, so we could escape. Whilst our mother tried to escape with us..."

I frowned as the thought of me having birth parents never occurred to me during all of this. My parents back home were my parents, no matter what. So to think of them as any less made my heart ache.

"What happened to her?" I wondered.

He frowned, his eyes becoming glossy. "The mate bond breaking had affected her badly... She got us to the woods, which is where somehow she found a witch with a young girl not much older than us. She was kind to our mother, helping guide her through the burning land when she saw how scared we were and how broken our mother was becoming. We were once again ambushed and mother took them all down but she was seriously injured. She begged for us to run as the fire took over the trees. I held you in my arms as she begged the witch to save us. And she did, I barely remember what they said but she did. She chanted a charm, one that would protect us for years to come. A spell that would protect our identity and keep us from shifting until we were in a secure environment. Lycan's shift when we are five, naturally, so she suppressed that change. She cursed our wolves to not arise until then."

My mind was reeling. "So the reason I shifted so late, was because of this? I thought I defected, that Phoenix was the reason..."

Phoenix shifted in his seat when I looked at him, a frown on his face. Pollux chuckled and shrugged.

"He is the reason. The spell was to only be broken when we are secure, and it saw fit that you would be when you met your mate. See, the witch that cast the spell is from one of the oldest bloodlines going. Gaia, her name, is an oracle witch in that she can see the future and she must've known you would meet." He explained.

"She resides in your pack, something I believe she did on purpose." He chuckled. "You may have met her, I believe your mate allows her to have freedom as long as she hides her identity."