Y. Itadori - Relax

Succumbed in warmth, you lean your head back against the side of the hot tub, droplets falling down from the top of your neck all the way down to where your back leads into the water.

There's music playing from the speaker on the wooden railing next to you, vibrations causing small ripples to appear in the water. You could see the tremors despite the sky being dark, the lights within the tub highlighting the bubbles a soft color.

Footsteps hit your ears, creaking against the wooden deck leading to the tub. You peel an eye open, tilting your head to the side to see Itadori wrapped in a towel, walking up to the edge of the deck where it drops off to the tub. Fully opening your eyes, you lean your head up, giving him a short wave and seeing him smile back.

"You're smart to have come out here, using a hot tub in freezing weather is a good idea... Not when just standing here though. Can I get in?" Itadori starts, jumping from foot to foot and gripping the towel around his shoulders. Nevertheless, he keeps the cheery look on his face, waiting for your permission.

"Of course," you smile back at him, shifting in the water to give him more space to get in.

He drops the towel, quickly stepping up to the edge of the tub and letting out a sharp breath of cool air. Then he jerks, foot slipping back at an ungodly speed and sending him to fall straight into the water. He puts his hands up over his head, as if it would do anything, while his stomach and thighs slam down flat.

You snort, slapping a hand to your mouth and watching with wide eyes as the man slowly floats back up to the surface, face breaking the tension and eyes finding yours. He stares blankly at you, and you clench your face, biting into your lip.

"Fuck- I," You try to start, but finally burst into laughter when water falls from his hair onto his eyes, and he brings up his hands to rub it out.

He frowns, trying to shush you, "C'mon, it wasn't that funny! It's your fault that the edge was wet."

"It wasn't wet."

"It wasn't wet," he returns, mocking your voice and sputtering when you splash him with water. "Hey, I didn't deserve that."

You snort, letting your head fall back onto the ledge and closing your eyes.

Water slushes as Itadori moves, going to lean back next to you, body resting mere inches from your own. Despite the cold air hitting your face, the steam from the water keeps you warm, along with his newfound heat at your side.

"You look nice," he starts, breaking the melody of the song humming lightly. You tilt your head to look at him, but his eyes are closed, lips slightly parted as he faces the sky. "And you look upset."

Swallowing, you look away, staring at the stars pelting the sky with light, tracing the shapes with your eyes as you think of what to say.

"Thank you. I'm good though, just relaxed," you finally say, letting out a deep breath and letting the wrinkle in your forehead diminish.

"You're never relaxed then."

Scoffing, there's a shift in the water as he sits up, your gaze still trained on the stars.

"I don't think I'm ever relaxed either. Together we're a tense duo," he says softly, almost like he's deeply analyzing the situation. "Captain Tense and partner Major Stress."

You fling a few beads of water at him, ignoring his indignant scramble of words, and continuing the conversation youself. He goes silent soon after.

"I'm happy that... That I have you, I guess. You let me relax. Let me feel like I can," you mutter, finally letting your head lift and staring slightly over his shoulder.

"You do the same for me, Y/N. I've never really had anybody that stuck around, or that let me feel sure of myself, but that's what you are to me. I really do appreciate you, and that you let me join you for some late night hot tubbing."

Your eyes move to meet his, watching him steadily as he moves his hands while he talks. His face is soft, a few splatters of water on his cheeks and the cold making them turn a soft shade of pink to match his hair. The strands of which are loosely hanging across his forehead, shaking as he moves his head animatedly.

Smiling, you drift forward through the water, wrapping your arms around his shoulders and resting your head on the side of his. You're pressed up to him shoulder to shoulder, the water bobbing up to your neck. He hums softly at the warmth from your touch, wrapping his arms around your torso and flattening his hands on your back.

The water in his hair is cold on your temple, but you focus on his thumbs rubbing against your spine. He tucks his head onto your collarbone. Your knees are on the floor of the tub, one of your thighs inbetween his.

"I still can't believe you fell," you whisper, trying not to break the sound of his breath that was featherlight against your skin.

He groans, pinching your back playfully, "I don't wanna hear it, alright? We're having a moment~"

"Who would I be to not ruin the moment? Do you know me at all?"

"Sometimes I hope," Itadori takes in a deep breath. "To think you were getting all mushy."

You roll your eyes even if he couldn't see, trying to pull away from the embrace to lean back to watch the stars again. His grip remains tight however, keeping you near him.

"No. Warm," he mutters into your skin.

"But the stars look beautiful."

"They do. But you look even better."

"Alright, sap. Shove off," you finally direct, guiding him away and smiling while he glares at you. You push him back to the side of the tub, turning to face away from him and sitting between his legs, pressing your back to his chest and your head back on his shoulder.

"This good enough for you?" You say, finally glancing up once again to see the stars.

"Yeah," his arms wrap around to your stomach, fingers lacing over your bellybutton. "I've always loved the little dipper, y'know."

"Why?"

"'Cuz there's something bigger and better than it, but it still stays the same. Stands it's ground."

"It's a group of stars," you say in response, a bubble of laughter falling out of your lips.

"Hey, that was deep. Appreciate it."

"My bad," you clear your throat, "I should be more considerate of this amazing show of resilience that the little dipper is portraying for all of us on earth to see."

"Thank you. I know it's sarcasm, but thank you."

You both laugh, Itadori's chest rocking against your back and cheek coming to rest on the top of your head.

You go quiet after that, focusing fully on the sky and the smooth beat pouring from the speaker. Having someone there with you was weirdly comforting. Especially from him, someone you know, and someone that you know understands. That knows stress is so easy to fall into, and so hard to get out of.

You feel him kiss the top of your head, and you let your eyes slide shut, feeling a hell of a lot better then you did before he arrived.

(My names Alex, by the way. I don't think I've ever mentioned it. I want scrambled eggs.)