31

"are you ready to go?" asked jaemin, taking the only umbrella resting near the main door as he eyes the heavy rain outside.

eunha hummed, "it's been raining a lot these days," she said as they both leave the house.

jaemin put up his umbrella which was only barely big enough for two, mainly using it to cover eunha from the heavy rain.

"cute," said eunha. as she noticed jaemin staring awkwardly at her, she corrected her sentence, "no, i meant the size of the umbrella is cute."

she held out her hand, asking for the umbrella for her to hold and giving a chance for jaemin to lock the door. when the umbrella was finally in her hands, she used it to mainly cover jaemin instead of herself.

"what? what if you get sick?" said jaemin as he took back the umbrella right after he locked the door, "let's go. it's the black car over there,"

"yah it's not fair that i'm the only one under the umbrella. come under, let's be fair." she insisted, but jaemin had control of the umbrella so she gave up soon.

he walked her over to the passenger seat, trying his best to not even let a single drop of rain on her until she gets seated. when she was finally seated comfortably, he closed the umbrella and quickly shoved it to the back seat before running around to the driver's side of the car.

"it's raining heavily. will you be okay driving in the rain?" asked eunha, staring hard at the heavy drops of rain on the windshield.

"are you underestimating my driving skills?" he turned on the car engine as he replied.

"no, it's not that," eunha replied lowly. he noticed her change in tone and he then paid full attention to her.

"why? is something wrong?" he asked with worried look on his face.

"no, it's just that i'm scared of being in the car in the rain." she responded.

"can i ask why?" jaemin said as he starts driving the car.

"my mom passed away in a car accident. i don't exactly favor the rain since then," she replied, looking out the window.

"will you be alright? we can wait until the rain stops." asked jaemin with a caring tone with his eyes still locked on the road.

"no, keep driving." she said, "i need to overcome my fears."

"alright, i'll drive slow. tell me if you feel anxious, okay?" he said.

eunha hummed and they continued their drive in silence. only the sound of the raindrops on the windows accompanied them but it wasn't at all awkward for them, it was rather comfortable.

just then, eunha's phone vibrated from the pocket of her pants and her ringtone played.

"do you mind if i answer this call?" asked eunha, he shook his head in response before she picked up the call.

"hey yunhee." greeted eunha as soon as she picked up her call.

"hi. it's been awhile. are you busy right now?" yunhee replied from the other end.

"no, not really. i'm in a car with a friend though. what's up?" she asked.

"you're in a car? you're not going to school today? why? are you sick?" yunhee bombarded her with questions with a tone of worry.

"yes, i'm skipping school today. i'm not feeling that well so i'm heading to the hospital right now." she replied.

"and you're going there with a friend? what a good friend she is! even better than your father," yunhee faked a cough as she ends her reply.